Waitlisted for Waitlisted 6:00 Dinner

sunonfire

My son booked his cruise later than us so he had Confirmed Your Time Dining and was waitlisted for the 6:00 seating that I booked. Our cruise is less than 35 days and today his reservation states: Confirmed:  Waitlisted for Waitlisted 6:00 Dinner. That is the exact wording. The cruise is sold out and he purchased FTTF to hopefully get the 6:00 seating. I understand how “waitlisted” works but I never saw Waitlisted for Waitlisted. Has anyone else had this issue?

Im curious to ask-    are your booking #s linked together.    He may get early seating but will not be seating with you?

If that happens-   visit the Maitre de at 1pm when he starts meeting to see what can be done.    Does he NOW have FTTF?    just wow if he does with booking this late 

Yes, we have been linked and that was why he was waitlisted for our seating. We both have FTTF. We are planning to check with maitre de when we board. I’m hoping it will go smoothly. Also we already have the steakhouse booked for the 1st night, so that will give the maitre de more time.