Muster Station for Disabled on Vision of the Seas

judycruiser

define disabled.   anyone on an ECV or in a wheelchair can access their regular muster station without issue.  they will  set you off to the side so you aren't in the crush and  when released, are let go first.  

quite honestly the special needs muster station is NOT conducive to anyone in an ECV or WC as it tends to be the  theater which has limited spots for such devices.    furthermore many stations are already indoors  in the first place.  

23 hours ago, judycruiser said:

Does Royal Caribbean have a special location for muster drill for handicapped passengers?   This would be inside versus an outside deck.  I may have to ask once I get onboard.

I can't speak to the Vision, but we were on the Allure in October and where our muster station was located (one of the public areas), they had everyone in scooters, wheelchairs, etc in one area of our muster station.   When the drill was over, all who were in the handicapped section of the drill got to leave the room first.   They led all the scooter, wheelchair people out in a line and everyone else had to wait.   I have to tell you this was the best muster drill ever.   We have never been to a muster drill where the scooter/wheelchair people got to leave first after the drill.  

Handicapped passengers go to the muster station they are assigned to (it's on your room key and on the back of your stateroom door).   So there will be handicapped passengers at numerous muster stations, depending on which one they are assigned to.   However, within each muster station, there is typically an area for the wheelchair/scooter etc passengers. 

Once we are on board and find out the location of our muster station, we always scope it out ahead of the drill time and then about 45 minutes or so before the drill begins, we make our way to the station before the mob.   (Plus they close all the bars and dining venues 1/2 hour or so before the drill begins.)