Do Kids Really Sail For Free?

CRUISEFOUR

4 minutes ago, rimmit said:

did you actually get to the last page of the booking where you type in The names?  Many times the KSF discount doesn’t show up till the last page. Sometimes it will before, but sometimes you have to go almost to the end to get it to appear.

I did and the KSF discount was applied. However, the 30% discount is removed, which may be the difference I am experiencing when comparing the cost for 2 adults, 3 adults, and 2 adults + 1 kid. 

12 minutes ago, CRUISEFOUR said:

I did and the KSF discount was applied. However, the 30% discount is removed, which may be the difference I am experiencing when comparing the cost for 2 adults, 3 adults, and 2 adults + 1 kid. 

Royal is very shrewd. You could book cabin 12191 and connecting room 12193 on Harmony but 12191 would cost more money because it has an extra berth and is considered a different category.

They have kinds of ways of getting you. I'm Emerald so if I book a balcony cabin I can get a discount of $125 but a lot of the time Royal is offering instant discounts of $100 on bookings so my discount is reduced to $25 since you can't combine discounts.

The kids sale free did work out for my niece who had booked a boardwalk balcony for 3 and then later they had a kids sale free so they actually took all the fare off for the 3rd except for the taxes fees.

I just checked through RCCL's TA website and came up with pretty much the same price.  The difference is due to the 30% promo.

For 2 adults and 1 child in an Ocean View Balcony = $3111.21 with $75 onboard credit.

For 2 adults and 1 child in a Central Park Balcony = $2947.21 with $75 onboard credit.

For just 2 adults it looks like there are some group rates still available.

For 2 adults in an Ocean View Balcony = $2100.36 with $50 onboard credit.

For 2 adults in a Central Park Balcony = $2034.36 with $50 onboard credit.