New promo starting December 17?

EllieinNJ

On 12/16/2019 at 7:47 AM, EllieinNJ said:

This is an e mail I got from a TA.  They said the 30% off was a better deal so we should book by today.

I think i would challenge that TA to do some research - the 30% is more like an increase than a decrease, e.g.,

I continue to monitor pricing on a cruise to get a sense of how NCL reprices cruises over time - learning experience for the future.  In this case, NCL would now like me to believe that my March Epic cabin was $2,399, but with 30% off is now only $1,679.  Only problem is that when I booked it originally, and on two subsequent re-farings, it was always lower than $1,679; over $300 less the last time I re-fared it.  So misleading and dishonest on their part.  Sad 🤨😩

20 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I booked my March sailing on the Bliss during the Black Friday sale. We paid $699/person base fare with all perks  + taxes/gratuities for a BA. Total came out to $2113.44 for the two of us. Today, the base fare for a BA is $919 and the total for two people would be $2553.44. So definitely got a much better deal with the Black Friday sale.

Very similar for a Bliss balcony on 3/1.  The fare  for sailaway without freebies was all over the place right before and during the Black Friday sale.  I usually book close to sailing as I live a few blocks from the port (walking distance) and am retired....but one day it looked like a particularly low price so I booked.  The total cost was $1391 (before factoring in Cruise Next certificates).  And they assigned the cabin that day....BA....cabins above and below!   Today, sailaway without promotions is $1997.  And if I wanted to book a BA with 2 promotions (neither that I want) it would be $2357.

When you put a "little pink tab" that says "limited time reduction".....most people would think that it's a great bargain.  But for those of us who monitor, we know better!