Avoiding lines for tenders

joshkathy

We had 3 out of 4 tenders. Either book an excursion with the ship and you get off first, or wait an hour or so and eat a leisurely breakfast and then there are no lines or numbers needed. If you insist on trying to get off early then get your tender ticket when they say to get it- be there earlier! On our ship they said tickets given out at 9 am When we arrived they said come back at 9:30. By 9:30 we were number 16 and it took an hour and 1/2 to get off. Good luck...

So if you've booked an excursion you get priority on tenders? Hmmmmmmmm. Also, didn't know about the tickets. You have to get tickets first? So you line up to get the tickets to get in line for the tenders? Think I like the sleeping in idea!

We were on the Legend last week with 3 tenders in the Western Caribbean:

Priority is given to those who have booked excursions through the cruise line, so that's the easiest way. (We had a suite and that didn't matter.) Otherwise, just wait a little while after the first tenders. The ones that arrive early (7 am) we had no problem getting off ship around 9. There's nothing much to do before then anyway. In Grand Cayman we didn't anchor until around 9, and went to get a tender number early. Had to wait in line for a little while with everyone else, but ended up on the 1st tender off (they combined 1-3).

Good luck!

Another way is to work your way up to the Diamond level of Crown and Anchor.

Diamond members get a pass that lets you on the tenders right after the excursion folks. The hardest part is actually getting to the point where you can flash your pass.

Even though we have the pass - we usually do the sleep in thing unless we're going on a dive trip.

Have a great time!

Wendy

I don't remember tender tickets on the Voyager Class, just the Radiance Class and the Vision Class... However I could be wrong.

My tip is get up early and get down there as soon as they start giving tickets away, if that is the case, or if no tickets, try to get off on one of the first ones, the lines are usually much shorter than later in the morning.

Scott

Just be leisurely, don't try to be the first off the ship. Sleep in, eat go to breakfast then try to get, usually no tickets necessary then. First hour can be tough. Can't put Key West into the mix, it's a whole new ballgame.

BonVoyage

Dawna

RCCL Docks in Key west usually - no tenders required!

What is worth a shot is to go to wherever the excursions are meeting (usually the main lounge) walk up and say you are on (pick an excursion) and get the little "sticker" they give you for that excursion to put on your shirt. They rarely ask to see your "ticket". Then just get off with those people and go your own way.

Tucker in Texas

Anyt tips on how to avoid them? We're cruising on Explorer's Western Caribbean itinerary which has, I believe, three tender stops...and we're NOT staying in a suite...so how to avoid waiting in long lines?

You could swim to shore, I'm sure there won't be a long line of swimmers. :rolleyes:

Another way is to work your way up to the Diamond level of Crown and Anchor.

Diamond members get a pass that lets you on the tenders right after the excursion folks. The hardest part is actually getting to the point where you can flash your pass.

Even though we have the pass - we usually do the sleep in thing unless we're going on a dive trip.

Have a great time!

Wendy

My next cruise will be the first as a Diamond Member , but we are traveling with a group of friends. Can they get on a tender with us or will they have to get tickets?

RCCL Docks in Key west usually - no tenders required!

Oops, sorry I wasn't clearer. We did dock both times but had to get tickets with numbers on them and wait for our numbers to be called to head toward the bottom. They had staff manning the stairs that would not let you pass if your number was not in the group called. Both times we were held up by customs and wasn't able to start unloading until way after our scheduled docking time. Made for some pretty angry people. I go with the flow so it didn't bother me, we had fun talking with the staff on the stairs. Once they started allowing people off it didn't take long, the Majesty is a small ship.

BonVoyage

Dawna

My next cruise will be the first as a Diamond Member , but we are traveling with a group of friends. Can they get on a tender with us or will they have to get tickets?

Don't have a definitive answer, BUT, think about if every Diamond Member on board were traveling with a group of friends . . . how fair would that be?

Archived