Puerto Morelos December 21st Notice Board

HappyInVan

Puerto Morelos December 21st Notice Board

Moderator,

Can we keep this thread in this forum?

Folks,

For passengers sailing on Dec 21st out of Puerto Morelos, have a get together and introduce yourselves. There's only 92 cabins.

As usual, Ponant is unhelpful with embarkation instructions. So, update this thread once you get instructions. It could be helpful to someone who is enroute and using public wifi. Should Ponant fail to issue instructions before you fly to Mexico, you may not get the instructions (email or text).

As a last resort, contact Ponant's agent in Cozumel who is responsible for booking berths and furnishing transport etc. See Fighterone's post #11 in this thread...

Enjoy your holiday!

Edited by HappyInVan

Finally Ponant contact us...finally. Ok. I understand all travels have there joys, setbacks,

laughter, schedule changes and etc..but Ponant contacted us with a statement to meet them in playa Del carmen and the ferry to Cozumel. Really? Really? We know some peoples are being given a taxi ride to playa Del carmen so why not us?  We called the office and of we were on hold for 33 minutes and finally we spoken with a representative of Ponant. We discussed the issues of the transfer from Puerto Morelos and they agreed to pick us up at our meeting place. So, taxis can at times be dubious in Mexico with getting receipts and on time...so we take the taxi on our time and we're late would we miss the ferry...it not arranged with Ponant. We did not want to responsible for a mishap...it can happen ...believe us!

Good luck to us getting on the ferry! We are more than positive the cruise will be fabulous hopefully.lol

travelmickeys

2 hours ago, Travelingmickeys said:

Good luck to us getting on the ferry! We are more than positive the cruise will be fabulous hopefully.lol

travelmickeys

I'm glad that Ponant is responding.

Meanwhile Stimarboy has just gotten off the ship. Read his helpful report here (post #38) ...

'

Apologies to all for not providing an update, but WiFi onboard is veeeery slow.  Hope that the following helps those boarding tomorrow and in the future.  Assume that Cozumel will remain the embarkation port.  Know that getting to Puerto Morelos to PdC is easy.  Cabs available and a fairly short trip.  As for us we took private transport from Cancun and cost was ~ $65 U.S. so PM should be much less.  Ponant crew was helpful and efficient at the PdC meeting point, Grand Hyatt.  They handled all baggage for a short bus trip from the Hyatt to the ferry terminal.  Ferry trip was equally easy, though winds were up during most of our cruise.  Once on board you will find a beautiful, relaxing experience, so don’t fret.  You are cruising!  I won’t go into detail here, but a few tips.  Download as much as you can at your hotel as WiFi is slow and unreliable.  Announcements are made only in public areas (not staterooms), which I found delightful.  For English speakers, simply bear through the French announcements.  The Cruise Director speaks excellent French, English, and Spanish.  The reception desk is always there for you and helpful.  My experience was that French passengers kept to themselves so don’t be offended if they seem to ignore you.  It’s just a French thing!  Staff are polite, helpful and engaging if you approach them, though their training seems to be European Professional, not gregarious.  Just make friends with key staff that you expect to need most.  For me that was Deck 3 bar staff, maitre de, and excursion desk.  Highly recommend the Uxmal tour.  Less crowded that Chictchen Itsa (expect to see 8,000 tourists at least at CI) and Uxmal provides almost a private experience.  Also advise seeing Merida and Campeche.  Charming colonial towns.  Campeche small.  Merida 1 million population, but doesn’t seem that large and the colonial tour was very informative.  If Catholic especially a must.  Pre excursion lectures are good, but the onboard expert is very dry in delivery though complete if you like a university type seminar in an hour.  Don’t worry.  Be happy.  Have fun.  This ship, though small, is one of the best in high seas that I have ever experienced.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...