2020 Aurea Suite Changes

sidari

From Summer 2020 Deck 12 Aurea suites on the Meraviglia Class and plus ships will become Aurea Grand Suites which will no doubt increase in price likely due to their size, so glad we have one already booked ... 😀

5 hours ago, sidari said:

From Summer 2020 Deck 12 Aurea suites on the Meraviglia Class and plus ships will become Aurea Grand Suites which will no doubt increase in price likely due to their size, so glad we have one already booked ... 😀

I saw that too...Take care of 12007 for us next week...we are in it in March!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, sidari said:

Slei 15 ... There is a decent video on youtube of the Suite.

Thanks, just watched it.  Now that you have been in it an experienced it, a couple questions for you...

1) Were there US outlets along with the Euro ones (bedroom or desk)? It was hard to see them in the video.

2) I noticed it showed a regular double sofa bed, but I have seen elsewhere that it has the bunk...Which was it?

3) How was the whirlpool? Looks better than the SJ3 on the Seaside because it is always filled and has a heater to stay hot? Was it crazy windy or did the glass do a good job?

Thanks! 

Hi Slei ... If you are talking about 12007 then yes there are both outlets at the vanity unit which is half the size of those in Fantastica cabins for some unknown reason, there is one socket next to the bed but cannot recall which. We had a Four way UK socket with us so only used the European connection.
The bed was a Double pull out Sofa and not bunk beds, the cushions kept coming off until someone from another department noticed the previous occupant had undone the velcro strips that hold them to the bed frame!

The Whirlpool is larger than those on Seaside and those in the Duplex cabins, there was an issue with it that meant we could only use it once during our cruise.

The temperature should have been at 36.5 degrees but was at 40 and so far too hot.

Despite efforts to rectify it we never used it again, on Sunday morning before we left the cabin a maintenance guy came to change the filter so no idea if that was the cause.

Sometimes it was quite windy but it is possible to sit out if the weather is dry.

Edited by sidari

I was in 12010 on starboard side.  There was only one EU outlet in the bedroom, we brought an adapter to use a CPAP.  In the living area there are both type outlets at the desk, but it would be difficult to run an extension into the bedroom.   We only had a double pull out sofa and it was totally worn out.  The hot tub is much larger than S3 on Seaside and as Sidari said it was locked at 40C so quite hot for warm weather.  The cabin steward said they change the water between sailings and once during a seven day cruise, he offered to change it more often if needed.  I think due to the design of the tubs the cabins on the port side have the seats facing aft rather than forward on the starboard side.  The glass did a decent job keeping the wind down when at sea, you'll like the breeze though as the tub is locked pretty hot.

53 minutes ago, sidari said:

Hi Slei ... If you are talking about 12007 then yes there are both outlets at the vanity unit which is half the size of those in Fantastica cabins for some unknown reason, there is one socket next to the bed but cannot recall which. We had a Four way UK socket with us so only used the European connection.
The bed was a Double pull out Sofa and not bunk beds, the cushions kept coming off until someone from another department noticed the previous occupant had undone the velcro strips that hold them to the bed frame!

The Whirlpool is larger than those on Seaside and those in the Duplex cabins, there was an issue with it that meant we could only use it once during our cruise.

The temperature should have been at 36.5 degrees but was at 40 and so far too hot.

Despite efforts to rectify it we never used it again, on Sunday morning before we left the cabin a maintenance guy came to change the filter so no idea if that was the cause.

Sometimes it was quite windy but it is possible to sit out if the weather is dry.

Thanks! We keep our pool at 93-96 F here in FL, so 104 F (40 C) for the hot tub is perfect for us! We will be using the sofa as a bed for the kids, so no worries on the cushions coming off. My little one will probably use them to make a “magic bed” on the floor! Good to know on the outlets. I will bring my adapter for the bedroom. 

• Like 1