What Can I Expect in Past Pax Perks?

PitCritter

We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess in October. We've previously sailed on Carnival a couple of times which should qualify us for Past Passenger perks on Princess. On our second Carnival cruise, we got a pretty good visit from the upgrade fairy. We went from an inside guarantee to an ocean view. We were never told that this was due to our past pax status. When we boarded, our Sail & Sign card was Gold rather than Red & Blue. This told staff that we were past pax. Right from the start, we got, "Welcome Back" from everyone, it was kinda' cool. We also got invited to a meet & greet with the captain with free cocktails. Is this pretty much what I should expect from Princess? Do our two cruises on Carnival equate directly to having taken two on Princess?

The only thing that sailing Carnival – or any Carnival Corporation brand – qualifies you for is the past passenger discounts on booking. Your Carnival cruises do not equate to past cruises on Princess.

there aren't really many perks just for being a past passenger until u reach certain levels, i.e., gold gets u a captain's cocktail party (along with almost everyone else on the ship), platinum gets u expedited boarding and disembarking lounges, free internet, elite gets u free laundry and hors doerves.....but u have to have accrued 5 cruises to be platinum and 15 for elite with PRINCESS.

This seems to have confused a lot of passengers when these cruise lines merged together. But you have been given the correct information. About all it offers is the past passenger discount for booking with Princess.

I have talked to a few that have asked at the Purser's Desk and have received an invite to the past passenger party because of sailing on Carnival previously. You might give it a try!

I had sailed on Princess back about 1982 and Princess did not have a record of that sailing but once on board I talked with the Captain's Club host who added it to my profile and then sent us an invitation to the Past Passengers Captains cocktail party. If it is important to you to attend the party, then you might ask the Captains Club host. Otherwise I didn't see any other benefits but then wasn't expecting any so I was not dissappointed. BTW the most traveled passenger on board was someone who had cruised more than 1000 days on Princess, wish I was that rich and had that much free time.

I have to admit that I avoid the Captains Cocktail Party. It used to be nice and you actually had a chance to visit with the Captain and officers but in recent years, it's become a zoo of people there for the free drinks.

It seems that everyone on board is at the party........its just drinks....and awards for persons that have taken 50 cruises or more if I can remember .

The poor Captain would need to go home for a holiday if he had to introduce himself to that many persons in one hour.:eek: .....so its a member of staff that greets you.

It seems that everyone on board is at the party........its just drinks....and awards for persons that have taken 50 cruises or more if I can remember .

The poor Captain would need to go home for a holiday if he had to introduce himself to that many persons in one hour.:eek: .....so its a member of staff that greets you.

I think we’re confusing the Captain’s Welcome Party and the Captain’s Circle party – the Welcome party is held in the atrium and everyone on board is invited. The Captain’s Circle party is by invitation only and I shook hands with the Captain of Dawn Princess when I entered the Vista Lounge…as did everyone else. Both do have free drinks.

I think we’re confusing the Captain’s Welcome Party and the Captain’s Circle party – the Welcome party is held in the atrium and everyone on board is invited. The Captain’s Circle party is by invitation only and I shook hands with the Captain of Dawn Princess when I entered the Vista Lounge…as did everyone else. Both do have free drinks.
Nah... I'm talking about the Captain's Circle party. On the Sapphire Princess over Christmas, it seemed as though over half the ship was invited. That's one I didn't go to because I was invited to the 5PM party even though I had late, confirmed seating. I wasn't about to get all dressed up, have a drink and then sit around for almost 3 hours waiting for dinner.

They are all correct, you won't get any Princess perks for being on Carnival. In all reality Princess does not do much in the way of past passenger perks, on RCI we always get lots of stuff like bags, radios, boxes of candy. On Princess you get invited to the party and free drinks at the party.Of course on our next Princess sailing we will become Platinum and get free internet!

Nearly everyone on board was a member...and a member of staff welcomed us in Vista Lounge Sun Princess May 2004... The Captain was not present when we entered the Vista Lounge,he made an much appearance later ...crowds were so thick couldnot see his face.This was Sun Princess 20 days FL to SF May 2004.Members of his crew welcomed us at the entrance.

Nearly everyone on board was a member...and a member of staff welcomed us in Vista Lounge Sun Princess May 2004... The Captain was not present when we entered the Vsta Lounge,he made an much appearance later ...crowds were so thick couldnot see his face.This was Sun Princess 20 days FL to SF May 2004.Members of his crew welcomed us at the entrance.

I can only speak from my personal experience and at every Captain’s Circle party I’ve been to I’ve pressed the Captain’s flesh – he’s even been available for pictures if desired. I can totally understand that he might not have been available at some parties, but that’s not the way it works on all ships all the time. Just wanted to point that out.

Posted by PitCritter: We're sailing on the Caribbean Princess in October. We've previously sailed on Carnival a couple of times which should qualify us for Past Passenger perks on Princess. Do our two cruises on Carnival equate directly to having taken two on Princess?

We have sailed on Carnival four times and when we sailed on the Star Princess last year we didn't get any past passenger perks.

Archived