Thoughts on my recent trip

JT1101

1 hour ago, sansterre said:

... Perhaps leaving Southhampton, there is a place on the Starboard side to see some of the highlights mentioned y Bluemarble (above)?  I do enjoy sunrises and sunsets at sea, but seeing cities, islands, geological formations, etc are even more interesting to me. ...

Oh, yes. There are plenty of opportunities to take in views of both sides of the ship on the outer decks. Those include the promenade deck 7, deck 8 aft, and the upper decks 12 and 13 including a viewing area forward above the deck 13 cabins.

Concerning geological formations, the starboard side offers distant views of the white cliffs along the east coast of the Isle of Wight during sailaway from Southampton for a crossing when it's still light out during the summer months.

There are also opportunities to see some of the Solent forts on both sides of the ship. Portsmouth with its Spinnaker tower is on the port side during sailaway. And if you know where to look, you can even catch a glimpse of Osborne House on the Isle of Wight from the starboard side.

Edited by bluemarble