British Passport and Visas Requirements

gerryuk

I am looking to do a 22 night cruise from Dubai to Rome.

Apart from the European ports, (no visas required) the cruise will stop in Dubai, Fujiarah Khor Fakkan (Oman), Muscat (Oman), Salalah (Oman), and Aqaba (Jordan).

I am a British passport holder, but don't live in the UK. Does anybody know what the visa requirements will be on a cruise like this? I have checked on the internet and it all seems a minefield to me. I have read that you can pay for visas on the ship, is this correct? In Dubai I believe you apply for visa on arrival?, Oman you need a e visa before arrival and in Jordan you need to apply for visa when arriving at the airport, although I will be on a cruise ship. Has anybody with a British Passport done a cruise in this area and what did you do about visas?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Last time in this area, I believe I used my UK Passport. Flying into Dubai, we received a Visa at the airport, which is automatically cancelled upon departure. On arrival Fujairah which is also UAE, they may accept your UAE visa from Dubai. In Oman and Jordan we have always received the Visas on board, upon arrival. 

I’m just back from a Cruise from Rome to Dubai with calls in Jordan and Oman.

No visa required for Jordan and Oman - just vent ashore with our sea pass - in Oman we got a Omani day pass when we left the ship - no queues or passport check. No difference from the European ports of call.

Visa on arrival for Dubai.

We did not pay for any visa.