SDP - purchase after making bookings?

podgeandrodge

for the al la carte restaurants,  not having sdp now is no big deal. as long as you have it when you are onboard the ship, you are good. you dont use the sdp until you are onboard the ship and your keycard is swipe at the end of the meal onboard the ship

for the fixed price restaurants, you can still pay for it out of pocket now. purchase sdp and then request a credit onboard the ship or call up the reservation number and they might fix up the reservation so they are in the right order

with sdp, you want to book the fixed price restaurants first and then the al la carte ones

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, podgeandrodge said:

Thanks. Can you elaborate on above?

Fixed price restaurants will be lije Teppanyaki where the entire dinner is a set price.  The other restaurants are a large care, and on the dining program you will be allowed to order one entree with any number if side dishes and desserts.

• Thanks 1

Let's say, you have 3 SDP, and want to book to dine in 4 or 5 restaurants, make sure to book the fixed-priced ones like Moderno & Teppenyaki first before booking the a la carte ones.

Because if you book the 3 a la carte ones first (thus using up the 3 SDPs) and then proceed to book the fixed-priced ones, you will be charged at the time of booking and will need to make payment to confirm the reservation.

Edited by bluesea777
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lizord said:

Since when does NCL charge you while making a reservation for moderno? I made reservations for moderno on breakaway and paid after the meal, not when making the ressie.

Please read my post (#6). You don't get charged if Moderno (or Teppanyaki) is one of the first 3 restaurants you book, provided you have 3 SDPs.

3 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Please read my post (#6). You don't get charged if Moderno (or Teppanyaki) is one of the first 3 restaurants you book, provided you have 3 SDPs.

I did read your post, I didn't have a SDP. I used platinum dinner coupons.

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

Bingo. Yes, if you have Platinum dinner coupons, then the Moderno has to be one of the first 2 you book.

Thanks, I had never heard of anyone being charged for a reservation, anyway. What if a guest books a reservation for 6 guests (not named, just booked as 6 guests )and only half of them have dining packages/ coupons?

Just now, lizord said:

Thanks, I had never heard of anyone being charged for a reservation, anyway. What if a guest books a reservation for 6 guests (not named, just booked as 6 guests )and only half of them have dining packages/ coupons?

I'm not sure because we cruise as 2 people. 

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

Bingo. Yes, if you have Platinum dinner coupons, then the Moderno has to be one of the first 2 you book.

the dinning reservation  online system is clueless about the platinum dinner coupons. the online system seems to only know if you have SDP or not.  for moderno, you might have to pay for it online and then request a credit onboard the ship if you do not have the SDP or use you up all of your SDP credits

the only true way to book moderno without paying for it is by having SDP and booking it as one of your first restaurant  and then book all other other restaurants. when you are onboard at the ship, you tell the waitress you are going to use SDP or the platinum coupon

2 minutes ago, lizord said:

That is ok, you can make reservations online with no problems. After dinner, usually around desert time your wait staff will collect everyone keycards so they can check who has the dinning package, who has coupons, etc