Taxis/Transportation

lovetotraveltx

I came on here wondering the same thing.i am wanting to go to sun valley plantation from the port .I got a couple of quotes from your guides but they are kind of high in my opinion.they are basically just providing transportation entrance fees are extra.$180 for 2 adults and 1 child.seems kind of excessive.we were in ocho rios last year and did not have a good experience.seems like everyone is more interested in gouging you for all your worth.if you get what you asked for it's no big deal but they overcharge you and they modify the tour to their liking not yours.they basically picked up 10 people going in 5 different directions and called that a tour as you ride along and they drop passengers off.then I guess they wanted to go get another load so they dumped me and the wife off at Dunn's River falls for 2-21/2 hours then came back and took us to the ship.it cost like $140 to ride around in a taxi for less than an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

SCpirate, I wanted to see a plantation, as it has been over 20 years since I had seen one in Jamaica.  Since we are arriving in Ocho Rios, I understand that it would be quite a drive from the port where we arrive to see one, so it looks like we will be doing something else.

On 12/25/2019 at 4:44 PM, scpirate said:

I came on here wondering the same thing.i am wanting to go to sun valley plantation from the port .I got a couple of quotes from your guides but they are kind of high in my opinion.they are basically just providing transportation entrance fees are extra.$180 for 2 adults and 1 child.seems kind of excessive.we were in ocho rios last year and did not have a good experience.seems like everyone is more interested in gouging you for all your worth.if you get what you asked for it's no big deal but they overcharge you and they modify the tour to their liking not yours.they basically picked up 10 people going in 5 different directions and called that a tour as you ride along and they drop passengers off.then I guess they wanted to go get another load so they dumped me and the wife off at Dunn's River falls for 2-21/2 hours then came back and took us to the ship.it cost like $140 to ride around in a taxi for less than an hour.

Coming from Falmouth this is quite a drive to get to Sun Valley Plantation