Sand Preference - Help!

DyanaT

Hi everyone!

We'll be in Cozumel (and Costa Maya) in January. Last year when we went to Paradise Beach, the sand was too "rocky" and "coarse" for my kids to build sand castles. 

We are looking for a beach (not big drinkers so don't really want an AI) where my kids can build and play in the sand. 

Anyone have any ideas for Cozumel... (and I'll obviously post in the Costa Maya section too, but need help there as well).

Thanks!!

Any of the beach clubs along the malecon in Mahahual Costa Maya would work. Suggest Blue Kay at northern end or Malecon 21 at southern end for less crowds.

For Cozumel, I never found PB to be rocky. But toward Punta Sur, say Albert's or Playa Palancar, you might find more sandy area.

Playa Mia has tons of things for younger kids. 

How old are the children?

Although Paradise has some rocks going into the ocean it was on two lists of best beaches that  I found including this one, for suggestions

https://www.tripsavvy.com/the-best-cozumel-beaches-4685867i

Nachi and Allegra supposedly have some  of the best sand for that section of coast but are both AI so I agree with Crew and maybe go a  little further south to Palancar.

Best sand is really on the east side, but currents and undertow make it dangerous for swimming. Also you would need to pre-arrange transport and check it isn’t seaweed season.

Chankanaab is a good option for young children but you will have an entrance fee.