Currency for Shore Excursions

Suzanneab

Hope someone can help.  Since we are Canadian, our prices for the Azamara shore excursion are posted in CAD.  

We will, however, be charged in USD since the currency of the ship is USD.

I know there is a way to convert the prices into USD but I can't remember how to do it.  Can anyone help?

The conversion in the planner is done at the rate the cruise line is using on the day.  if you have on board credit in CAD, the first time you book an excursion using OBC, you lock in the rate the cruise line is applying for the day and all your transactions using the OBC, including the conversion of any remaining credit to dollars at the start of the cruise will be done at that rate.

if you pay for the excursions in dollars onboard, the conversion will be at the rate your credit card company applies (assuming you ticked the box asking your credit card company does the conversion and not Azamara - always a bad rate if you let Azamara do it).  The rate your credit card company applies will be based on the rate to buy they use (you will be buying USD to complete the transaction).  That rate will be lower than the midpoint published rate Elbon refers to but far better than any rate azamara will give you.  

Watch what phone app you use (if any) - many are quite far out of line, though if its minor purchases it won't make a huge impact on your estimates of costs.

Are you looking at booking using on board credit before boarding by using "My Azamara"?

If so you will be charged for any pre-booked excursions in CAD at the rate shown at the time of booking.

or

Do you want to know the actual $US cost before boarding?

There is a way to locate and download a cruise brochure in $US, so you will be able to compare the two.

If this is what you want, I'll post the instructions for you.

• Like 1