New to HAL on Norrdam

travellingscouse

Hello, Myself and my partner have just booked our first HAL cruise on the Noordam on a Far East adventure in November 2020 with a couple of nights in both Hong Kong and Singapore before and after, and really looking forward to it..! Have been on a couple of RCL and 1 NCL cruise and have enjoyed them all for different reasons. First of many questions no doubt...Do you get many promotions on the run up to the cruise for the Drinks packages and Speciality dining pacages? Is it best to book ASAP or wait till on the ship?

Have never had that happen in seven HAL cruises (but WOW did I ever on my one RCI voyage). 

If you want the Signature Beverage Package -- at least here in the States -- it's better to buy ahead of time (US$5pppd better!).

Have never bought Specialty dining package, so will let someone else ( @kazu?) answer on that. It seems there is not consistency about whether there might be a special (buy-one-get-one-half?) for the first night, bought on the first day...

If you're thinking of shipboard "wifi" -- Again speaking for in US -- there is a 20% discount on the Premium Internet package if bought ahead of the cruise. That makes is only a bit more than the Surf (middle) level bought on board. The levels, Social/Surf/Premium are all the same speed, just different sites being blocked. You need Surf for e-mail. So unless you have loads of OBC to burn through, you are better just to buy the Premium pre-sailing. IMHO 

ETA: The Noordam is sister ship to our favorite-so-far, Zuiderdam -- and also our next two HAL cruises (Oosterdam and back on the Zuiderdam)!

Edited by crystalspin

You will not see a discounted drinks package other than as Crystalspin mentioned above. However, HAL do have a fluid pricing and perks approach which sees prices increase and decrease over time and with differing perks (including drinks) included. Just keep an eye out on the HAL website or sign up for emails on promotions and also keep an eye on these boards.

If you have not booked and paid upfront a non-refundable fare you should be able to take advantage of any new promotions as they come along, although I am not sure if this is consistent across countries as I have read of UK based passengers not being able to rebook/refare for at least one other line when they have not booked direct with the line.

For example, a few months back I was able to refare a 29 day cruise (promotion was Early Booking Bonus) and have the Signature Beverage Package included for exactly the same price.

Edited by Nang