Best unobstructed balconies in QE?

2Oldpeopleinlove

Hi . We have just been on QE and QV had a cabin  6148 on Deck 6 port side. it was a good location close to lifts/stairs and not too far to get up to buffet and also down to dinning room...anywhere around there I would book again if available.

Hope this helps you.

We were recently "upgraded" from  BE to BB midships forward on deck 5 but we seemed to have had a shallower balcony than usual and had a lifeboat directly under the balcony. 

We also like deck 6 because it's midway to the Lido or Britannia.

Aft of the ship means you are at the same end as the dining room.  Forward of the ship means you are at the same end as the theatre.

QE deck plans are here:

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/inventory-assets/ships/QU/7/qe-deck-plans-2019.pdf

Deck 4 balconies have the largest square footage if that's a consideration in what's 'best'. The superstructure steps in at Deck 4 but the balconies line up with Deck 3 so they're noticeably deeper than the decks above. Having been in a Deck 4 aft corner suite on QE we booked our next cruise in a nearly adjacent balcony cabin as there was no noise from the restaurant below.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:32 PM, 2Oldpeopleinlove said:

Cost is an issue, but we're willing to pay a little more for an unobstructed view. This is for a ten-day to Alaska on the Queen Elizabeth. We don't want to be directly above or below noisy public areas, but anything else is ok.

any advice will be much appreciated.

We enjoyed 5067 which was directly across from the laundromat. I'm attaching a picture of the cabin and some views from the balcony. Some of them were deliberately shot to include the lifeboats etc for framing. For those I would have had to turned and faced the balcony beside me to get the lifeboats in the picture. Most of the time we could see straight out and we could also see straight out and through the clear glass while we were sitting on the loveseat by the balcony door. That let us enjoy the scenery from the comfort of the cabin and we could make a cup of tea. the balcony was shelter from the wind etc so it was comfortable to sit or stand on when the weather was less pleasant. They opened the forward deck on deck five for scenic viewing so we went there sometimes. The hallway was slightly cooler on those days, but just enough to give us a clue that the deck was open for viewing. From Deck five we could take the stairs everywhere and I'm pretty sure we only took the elevator when we first got on and they sent us directly to the lido restaurant by elevator. I posted a review of our Alaskan cruise on the Alaskan board if you are interested for planning purposes and I'd be happy to answer any questions. And FYI, I loved having the balcony for that cruise.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg