Early Booking Benefit

AJCM

Just wanted to book consecutive 2021 cruises through Azamara Australia. The Australian terms and conditions, effective from Oct 2018, explicitly include early booking OBC, at paras 5 and 6. However, The Aza rep's supervisor preferred to go with the search engine trace for Early Bookings, which indicated the EBB expired in Dec 2017. My argument is that the Oct 2018 T & C supersedes the Dec 2017 expiry i.e. the benefit has since been reinstated. I requested the very polite Aza rep to have his supervisor escalate the matter to someone more senior, who will presumedly honour what is on the Australian T & C website today. I'll pass on what the outcome is.

• Like 2

Thanks, would be interested to know.  When I booked our next cruise around that same time,  we actually had the EBB in our onboard account.  About a year later it vanished.  Due to the holidays,  I'm still not sure whether we're going to get it reinstated, but Bonnie has said it should be honored. We're in NZ so clearly our T&Cs very similar to yours. 

The issue has been resolved by Azamara. The Terms & Conditions are incorrect and will (or have been) changed, as the EBB no longer exists. However, they have honoured what was in the T & C at the time of my booking and given us the OBC.  Very happy with the outcome. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Who did you talk to AJCM? I even have a screen shot of the EBB paragraph from the terms and conditions from the time of my booking (Oct 2018) but my TA has tried and failed to get it reinstated. I'm told it was never in my account to start off with (it was!) and that they won't honour it.

After initial contact with Sydney, when I requested escalation of the matter, I also emailed the LCV Ambassador, with another request for escalation. I was subsequently contacted by a supervisor in Sydney with the favourable response. I immediately booked the B2B cruises. Perhaps I was better placed as I hadn’t yet booked and was doing so directly, rather than having already booked and via a travel agent.