Laundry self serve vs cabin steward costs

SERK

Hello, We usually pack enough clothes to last us 7 days on regular cruises but this time we are doing a 14 day Journeys cruise.  Trying to figure out how much it costs to have them do laundry vs self serve.  2 adults and 1 child.  Also, are the self serve laundry open 24 hour?

I’ve used the self service laundry machines on every Carnival Cruise I’ve taken except the last one. I believe it’s $3.25 to wash and $3.25 to dry. They also sell individual boxes of detergent, but I’ve always brought my own.

For the last few cruises I used laundry sheets that I bought in Amazon. They work great and take up no space to pack.

For my last cruise, I took advantage of the $15 per bag laundry promotion. I used it a couple of times and got my laundry back the following day. 

I am not sure if they are open 24 hours. I have never seen the doors locked.

Edited by TNcruising02

Thanks for the info TN.  Are the $15 bags good size for a load?  I guess what I'm asking is do you feel you got your money's worth and would do it again?  We are just making sure we budget properly for these last little details for this cruise.  Thanks again!

I prefer to use the self service laundry because I can wash and dry in less than 1 1/2 hours. I just didn’t feel like doing it on the last cruise and my cabin wasn’t on the same deck as one of the laundry rooms, so I figured I would try the promotion.

When I asked the cabin steward about the promotion, he said it had not started yet for our cruise, but I could just write down $15 promotion on the laundry form and he would turn it in for me. I guess the actual promotion begins mid cruise.

The bag is large, but made out of paper so there is no stretch to it. I read here on CC that you should roll your clothes to fit more. I did that and was able to fit a lot in the bag. So much that when they returned the laundry, it was in two bags. They only charged me for one.

Yes, it is worth it!!