Drinks Packages

We recently were on the Adventure.  We kept track of our drinking as we wanted to see the value of a drink package.  Now being a status level where we get a Happy Hour every night, we conducted our test.  So unless the drink package was valued at around $30 to $35, it would make no financial sense to get the package.  At least that is what our research is telling us.  Depending on how much you drink and your tier status, you may want to conduct your own survey.  Cheers. 

13 hours ago, clubbs said:

I have only been in one cruise and that was 15 yrs ago. They did not offer a drink package then. Do both people in the cabin have to get the package?  My wife drinks but not enough to justify the package. 

They will allow one person to get the Deluxe as long as the other person is getting a refreshment package.  I believe this is for situations where the other person doesn't/can't drink alcohol and you'd need to call them to book this option.

We go on Allure in 2 weeks and with all the "sale prices" each day hitting my email, not sure of the savings. Has anyone gotten back from Allure in the past couple weeks with getting the onboard price or do they set it new each sailing? We will be getting the refreshment package and the change in price is crazy. 

18 hours ago, clubbs said:

I have only been in one cruise and that was 15 yrs ago. They did not offer a drink package then. Do both people in the cabin have to get the package?  My wife drinks but not enough to justify the package. 

If you book on line you both have to purchase the package. However, if you call RC they will allow one person to purchase the alcohol package and one person to purchase the Refreshment package, which includes bottled water, soda, fresh squeezed juice, virgin cocktails and specialty coffee.