Random Reflection Jan 3 to 10, 2020

wpgcycler

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, wpgcycler said:

At this time I’d like to address the grave issue reported on the forum regarding the complete and utter inadequacy of these newfangled paper straws.  In fact, I was able to consume an entire frozen mango daiquiri with no evidence of structural failure. Myth busted.

(I would advise the plaintiffs to review the proper operational procedure for these devices.  Place one end in the mouth and the other end in the beverage. Apply a combination of muscular action of the tongue and cheeks to reduce the air pressure in the mouth and above the liquid in the straw, whereupon atmospheric pressure will force the beverage through the straw. Please note, the drinking straw is not a chewy toy.)

Thank you for this! I will be on the edge shortly and our last cruise on NCL they had banned straws. We are beginning the packing process and we’re considering whether we needed to pack our metal and/or rigid reusable plastic ones. I just searched the forum for “straw” and found this post. I have never had a problem with the paper straws as long as I get a fresh one with each drink. I hope this is the same on the edge that it was for you on the Reflection.