Thanksgiving cruise or one the following week?

Jane21

Hi

Cannot  decide which of 2 Sojourn cruises to book: Thanksgiving cruise or the one the following week.

Never cruised during Thanksgiving ( UK based).

Looking for advice from anyone who has cruised during this period.

Would Thanksgiving cruise be busier? Is there more likely to be families/ children on that cruise?

Thank you.

I've spent Thanksgiving on at least 2 Seabourn cruises.  In terms of ambiance or F&B, there's really nothing particularly festive or special, apart from Thanksgiving menus at the dining venues.

In regards to families/children, it would depend on the length of the cruise.  Thanksgiving holidays usually mean a 4-day weekend for most Americans, so we're not talking about a lengthy school holiday period, and I don't recall many children on board over Thanksgiving on my particular cruises.

Edited by sfvoyage

I recommend the week after Thanksgiving. Flying just before Thanksgiving is chaotic and more expensive. Also, there will be some families with children cruising during the Thanksgiving week.

Yes, if you can, hold off booking until closer to the cruise and select a Guarantee Veranda.

We were on the Quest on Thanksgiving 2018.  There were no children on board and very few family groups.  There was a Thanksgiving dinner buffet in the Collonade restaurant which was not a great success.  They had ordered only 3 turkeys so they ran out almost immediately.  Too many side dishes were neither traditional nor interesting.