No cruises out of port everglades this summer

Tyhunt

On 1/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, Cb1977 said:

Leaving April 25th on the Magic out of FLL

Hey, So are we. Our sailing is actually the last one out of FLL.  
When we get back on May 3rd and they finish booting us off the ship, Magic will sail down to port Miami for the summer.

I just decided "to go" another very popular cruise site.  Set parameters for June to September 2020.

FFL - None

Canaveral - Lots

Miami - Lots

Tampa - Lots

I assume the ships that sail Alaska in the summer must come from Florida 😃

3 hours ago, summersigh said:

I assume the ships that sail Alaska in the summer must come from Florida 😃

There are only two ships out of FLL for Carnival. The Magic is moving to Miami and the Sunrise is moving to NYC the 3rd week of May. FLL is then empty for Carnival until the Breeze repositions from Galveston in early Oct 2020 (we're on the 2nd Breeze trip out of FLL) and will then be joined by the Sunrise at the end of October after its 12 day partial Panama Canal trip from NYC.

The Miracle (from Miami via Panama Canal to San Fran) and the Spirit (from Seattle/Vacouver via Australia and Hawaii) will be the two Carnival ships that do Alaska.

Edited by Sean_B

On 1/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, 1019throw said:

We're cruising in April from there. What was the headache?

We just cruised out of there right before Christmas (and will again mid february).  We did not run into any problems because of the port being under construction.  We did get there about 15 minutes before final boarding cut off (due to my own fault) so there was no one left out for us to drop our bags off too.  I dropped the family off with the luggage and they had to self carry it on.  I went and parked (they have semi decent signs to parking garage right next to it where can park (it's the convention center parking garage) and then it was a really quick walk (not well marked but I found it easily) to go get on boat.  This was for Sunrise - not sure if they have any other boats there right now.  

I will say that when I was trying to figure out where to drop them off and where to park, whoever was standing out there (did not look like a carnival employee) tried to tell me I had to go park at one of the parking garages for the other ships and then find a shuttle that would take me back - This is not the case so luckily I didn't listen to them.  The parking garage right next door was where we could park.