No cruises out of port everglades this summer

Tyhunt

I think there their website is having issues. I just check they have tons on cruises for summer. Early today I checked for cruise in Jan and nothing showed up, but 30 before cruises were there. So log out of the sit and back in, they should show up then. 

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale last month. It was a mess due to construction. We won't go again from there until they're finished doing whatever it is they're doing! Thank goodness there are other Florida ports from which to cruise!

48 minutes ago, cbh1975 said:

We sailed out of Fort Lauderdale last month. It was a mess due to construction. We won't go again from there until they're finished doing whatever it is they're doing! Thank goodness there are other Florida ports from which to cruise!

We're cruising in April from there. What was the headache?

Edited by 1019throw

On 1/3/2020 at 6:08 PM, 1025cruise said:

They are doing construction in fll to the port, so there aren't any sailings out of there. There are sailings out of Miami.

Not quite true. This was a hot topic on our Roll Call group the other day. It's simply a matter that Carnival just doesn't sail out of of Port Everglades from May-Sept of any year. If you look at their website, those dates are blocked for 2020, 2021 and 2022. I'm pretty sure it was the same for last year as well.

The port isn't closing for those dates; the Carnival ships that are there will just relocate for other itineraries. RCCL, Norwegian and Princess are still sailing out of FLL during that time period so it's obvious that the port isn't closing. It's one of the busiest ports in Florida, so it's not just going to close. There's also no information about it closing on the port's website.

Edited by Sean_B

On 1/3/2020 at 4:23 PM, Tyhunt said:

Just looking on carnival site and found no cruises out of Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades may until September.  Anyone know why?  TIA

Carnival doesn't sail out of PE from May-Sept of any year. Those dates are blocked (greyed-out) on their website. if you try to book anything at that time.

The ships that are there will simply relocate to other ports for different itineraries. Alaska cruises open in May, which may account for the ships leaving FLL during that time.

32 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

Not quite true. This was a hot topic on our Roll Call group the other day. It's simply a matter that Carnival just doesn't sail out of of Port Everglades from May-Sept of any year. If you look at their website, those dates are blocked for 2020, 2021 and 2022. I'm pretty sure it was the same for last year as well.

The port isn't closing for those dates; the Carnival ships that are there will just relocate for other itineraries. RCCL, Norwegian and Princess are still sailing out of FLL during that time period so it's obvious that the port isn't closing. It's one of the busiest ports in Florida, so it's not just going to close. There's also no information about it closing on the port's website.

As of when? We typically sail from Port Everglades every year at the end of May. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

As of when? We typically sail from Port Everglades every year at the end of May. 

Go check for yourself. It's been like that for over 12 months. Reset all the search filters on their site and then select FLL. May-Sept are unavailable. Your sailing in May could have been the final one for that port-period (ie: leaving FLL after your sailing).

If anyone is really that concerned, they can contact their Carnival Rep.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.54.44 PM.png

Edited by Sean_B
  • Like 1

There are no Carnival cruises from May thru September this year out of FLL. The Magic is moving to Miami at the end of April,  and the Sunrise is heading north for the summer. The Sunrise will return at the end of October,  and the Breeze is relocating to FLL from Port Canaveral at the beginning of october. There are plenty of cruises from Jacksonville and Port Canaveral available in 2020.

43 minutes ago, Sean_B said:

Go check for yourself. It's been like that for over 12 months. Reset all the search filters on their site and then select FLL. May-Sept are unavailable. Your sailing in May could have been the final one for that port-period (ie: leaving FLL after your sailing).

If anyone is really that concerned, they can contact their Carnival Rep.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 4.54.44 PM.png

I am not doubting you, I am just wondering when they did this? We sailed out of Port Everglades this past May on the Magic, so I know it wasn't 12 months ago. 

6 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I am not doubting you, I am just wondering when they did this? We sailed out of Port Everglades this past May on the Magic, so I know it wasn't 12 months ago. 

I'm imagining it happened right after your cruise but I remember there were no sailings available Jun-Sept last year, but only because June is my Wife's birthday and that's where I started my search.

9 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

The Magic is moving to Miami from FLL at the end of April.😎

8 hours ago, cbh1975 said:

We're headed to Port Everglades on carnival in FEB.  Are there any tips for managing the uber to/from the port?  Should we leave earlier than normal to battle traffic jams at the port?  We don't drive there, we just get dropped off so not sure if the mess was access to the port or the parking?  Thanks for your help

7 hours ago, 1019throw said:

We're cruising in April from there. What was the headache?

We sailed out of FLL on the sunrise it was no headache for us. We had rented a car because we drove from West Palm dropped our budget rental they took us to the port and that was it. We took a Lyft to the FLL airport after we came back easy. Construction was no problem for us.

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The Magic is moving to Miami from FLL at the end of April.😎

and the Sunrise is moving to NYC the 3rd week of May, leaving no Carnival ships in Fort Lauderdale. There are no other ships moving into those vacant spots until the Breeze repositions from Galveston in early Oct 2020 and will then be joined by the Sunrise at the end of October after its 12 day Panama Canal trip from NYC.

1 hour ago, siestakeys04 said:

We sailed out of FLL on the sunrise it was no headache for us. We had rented a car because we drove from West Palm dropped our budget rental they took us to the port and that was it. We took a Lyft to the FLL airport after we came back easy. Construction was no problem for us.

Guess you flew into PBI. Orlando International and Port Canaveral will do it.

7 hours ago, jdemps said:

We're headed to Port Everglades on carnival in FEB.  Are there any tips for managing the uber to/from the port?  Should we leave earlier than normal to battle traffic jams at the port?  We don't drive there, we just get dropped off so not sure if the mess was access to the port or the parking?  Thanks for your help

Finding parking was the biggest problem. If you aren't driving yourself, that won't be a problem at all. We live in Florida, so drive ourselves to the ports. 

13 hours ago, Sean_B said:

Norwegian does not sail out of Port Everglades at all.  Summer of 2020 and 2021 Port Everglades will be undergoing renovations so sailings will be limited.  Royal will have the Independence, Celebrity will be Equinox and Princess,  Caribbean Princess.  This is 2020.  2021 so far only Caribbean Princess.

6 hours ago, mscinmia said:

Norwegian does not sail out of Port Everglades at all.  Summer of 2020 and 2021 Port Everglades will be undergoing renovations so sailings will be limited.  Royal will have the Independence, Celebrity will be Equinox and Princess,  Caribbean Princess.  This is 2020.  2021 so far only Caribbean Princess.

yeah, even when I wrote it, it felt wrong. I was trying to say Celebrity, RCCL and Princess were still cruising out of PE during that time.

10 hours ago, cbh1975 said:

Finding parking was the biggest problem. If you aren't driving yourself, that won't be a problem at all. We live in Florida, so drive ourselves to the ports. 

We always use Park N Cruise. Lots of Honor $8.95 for vets. Real close to the port.