QM2 is in Halifax tonight

yhz123

Up date;

Those embarking tomorrow (Friday) have received an email/text to arrive 3 to 4 hours later than indicated on their e ticket

$25 pp  will credited to their onboard account to cover light lunch shoreside.

They expect check-in to open at 3pm . 

Looks like Queen Victoria will sail out alone. 😕  

Edited by Bell Boy

On 1/5/2020 at 11:53 AM, gentlemancruiser said:

It was another medical diversion.    That is the 3rd diversion in 3 weeks and the 5th medical emergency in 3 weeks.   I was on the Dec 22nd to Jan 3rd cruise and we had 3 medical emergencies during the 12 nights.  One of which involved an elderly passenger passing away on Christmas Eve during the late performance in the Royal Court Theatre.    

Was that patient that they asked for blood donors ? I only saw the helo for a few seconds then it heading to san juan [sad they passed] . iirc there was another evac in a port but it seemed that they walked into the ambulance 

QM2 has really picked up steam after entering the English Channel. I caught this screen shot from Marinetraffic showing her doing 27.4 knots a few minutes ago. That 1:56am time shown on the screen shot is US Central time. That would be 7:56am local time in the UK.

Screenshot_20200110-015606_MarineTraffic.thumb.jpg.a1a13b77a8fb8e4f62a7f70dd7e4c7cb.jpg

Edited by bluemarble

Just returned from dropping off two friends who are sailing today. They were told to arrive at the Novotel hotel where their luggage was loaded onto a lorry, by baggage handlers, for transfer to the Ocean terminal. Inside the hotel there were meeters and greeters to show them into a function suite, where they were given drink, nibbles and hot food. They were going to start the transfer of passengers at about 4:00pm.

It was all very well organised at short notice and I feel Cunard could not have done more.🙂

• Like 3