April Weather...too cool to snorkel?

labs4ever

Hello everyone, DH & I have been reading the forum for awhile and finally signed up. So much good information!! I performed a search but didn't find an answer to my question.

We would like to take an April cruise and are looking into numerous trips but haven't made up our minds yet.

Can anyone shed any light as to the best place(s) to go this time of year to snuba and snorkel?

Thanks!

We were in the Eastern Carib last year at the end of April/beginning of May. My DD and I did a SCUBA dive in St. Thomas very warm with just a bathing suit. The whole family snorkeled in St. Martin iwth just bathing suits and was very comfortable.

Thanks for the information - we're thinking of the Southern Caribbean or a Panama Canal trip. We appreciate the replies.

April is one of several peak months to cruise, as well as May. DW and I cruise every April out of San Juan and the weather in the Caribbean is absolutely wonderful. Sometimes...a bit too hot, but I'm not complaining. Believe me, I love the weather as much as I love cruising in April and May.

jcruise

We've done Eastern Caribbean in April and the water was very nice-clear and warm. We've also done Southern Caribbean in February and the water was warm and nice snorkeling. We did Panama Canal in March and there weren't as many good snorkeling options. Of course, it depends on the intinerary and length of your Panama Canal cruise. Which ship/sailing(s) were you considering?

Thanks for the awesome replies!!!! We were going to book a 10 night cruise but it was sold out, so we booked it for March 2007. We decided on a 7 night cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Radiance of the Seas. We will be leaving April 2!! I just want to thank all of you, who have really explained a lot to us. I hope my wife likes her 2nd cruise as much as her 1st!!!

I am sure she will post, how the cruise was. Thanks again for a great forum.

Archived