Question about flying home from Dublin

cruising teacher80

We are flying home from Dublin and have a few questions.  Delta just changed our layover in Boston and now it will be 5 hours.  There is another flight with a layover that is an hour and 45 minutes.  Would that be enough time if we could switch?  I am asking because I am not sure about the pre-clearance in Dublin.  Is that for US citizens returning to the United States? Thanks

It is for all passengers.

You would arrive at BOS and be considered as a "domestic" arrival in terms of connections and procedures.  Off the aircraft and on to your next gate.  No need for collecting luggage or any immigration processing, as that would all be done at DUB.

One consideration - you need to figure in the pre-clearance time into your arrival at the airport in DUB.  So if you are just getting off a ship, be aware that you have processing wait time on the front end, not the middle.

I'd be quite comfortable with that 1:45 connect.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, cruising teacher80 said:

We are flying home from Dublin and have a few questions.  Delta just changed our layover in Boston and now it will be 5 hours.  There is another flight with a layover that is an hour and 45 minutes.  Would that be enough time if we could switch?  I am asking because I am not sure about the pre-clearance in Dublin.  Is that for US citizens returning to the United States? Thanks

Flying from DUB/Dublin you'll pre-clear US Immigration and Customs prior to boarding. This means don't schedule anything too early from DUB, but it also means you'll arrive (99.44% of the time) in the US as if you were a domestic passenger.  Bags checked through, domestic gate etc etc.  1h45m should be more than enough to make your next flight.