rental car from PE after cruise--what would you do?

NoWhiners

Hi all

I have searched the boards but can't find quite what I'm looking for, so I hope some of you can help. After our cruise in mid-February,  we will spend about a week in Orlando. We will drive from PE/FLL and I have reserved 2 different cars: one car is from Avis at the cruiseport, with a shuttle, and costs $24 more than the other car.  Other car is through Thrifty, with pickup at FLL. 

I was thinking that it would be OK to pay more for the convenience of the shuttle at PE, since we would have to pay for cab or Uber to get to FLL anyway. Assuming we get an Uber for $10 to FLL (I have no idea how common this is, but have seen this given as an estimate), the Avis car is only $15 more.

So, do you think it is more convenient to stick with the Avis car and PE shuttle, or save the little bit of money, get to FLL and use the Thrifty car? I may be over-estimating the convenience factor.

What would you do??

thanks

I'm not actually worried about the $24, I am more interested in whether or not the PE shuttle would actually be any faster/easier/convenient  On the surface it seems so, but I have never used it so wanted to ask for help from experienced people.

Yes, I am wondering about that too. If it's faster and easier, I would be fine with picking up the car at PE. But if it's going to be harder, slower or not as convenient as I think it should be, we would be fine with going to the airport.

the only argument I have seen so far for not using the PE shuttle is that they can run out of cars, but that was over the holidays and that's the only time I have seen this issue.

Maybe someone who knows will stop by and post 😉