Sun Princess ???'s

Plant

Hi Princess cruisers,

We can't stand to not have a cruise booked, so have booked Sun Princess in November (VERY far away!). We booked a BC (balcony), but are hoping for the upgrade fairy to visit and give us an AC (mini-suite) icon_lol.gif . (Not holding our breath!)

We've sailed Grand Princess and loved it.

Questions:

Is there a Sports Bar on the Sun Princess? (DH's question!)

Is it easy to find your way around? (We got lost several times on the Grand!)

Is the Marquis dining room less crowded than the Regency?

Anything else interesting or important we need to know?

Thanks for any info,

Plant

The Sun Princess has an excellent layout (especially compared to the GRAND class ships). I doubt you will have any problems finding your way around. I know what you mean about the Grand class - I have sailed those ships 6x and still have problems.

There are only 2 dining rooms on the Sun Princess - one is Anytime dining and the other is Traditional dining. You will either do one or the other.

We sailed the Inaugural on the Sun in December of 1995, complete with Gavin McLeod and a fireworks show at sailaway to beat any Fourth of July you've ever seen! Actually, that was quite an experience since there were not as many new ships coming out then. Also, Princess was the forerunner for standard balcony cabins. The Sun was the first ship to have three decks of balcony cabins. Up to then, in order to have a balcony, you had to book a mini suite or above.

Loved her so much, we booked the Canal on her the following year and the Ocean for an Alaskan cruise tour. Probably our favorite class of ship in the Princess fleet. A great size and extremely easy to navigate. You will find your way around in no time at all.

The two dining rooms are identical in size. I do not recall a sports bar on board sun class. We think the Wheelhouse Bar is more intimate and nicer on sun class. The buffet is not as chaotically laid out as on Grand class. Just our opinions, your mileage may vary......;)

Thanks for your help!

I'd forgotten about the dining room setup:o . We loved Anytime Dining.

On the Grand I think the "Sports Bar" was also the cigar bar and all they were showing was international soccer! We were hoping for something with American sports!

I'm so glad to hear that the Sun is easy to navigate. We don't mind walking, but don't like running into "dead ends". Also, it seemed that no matter where we were on the Grand, the next thing we wanted to do was at the other end of the ship:) !

Thanks again,

Plant

Archived