Recent Breakaway Review (Haven Focused)

BostonGal35

11 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Never cruised with Norwegian but was considering it. Was planning a cabin in The Haven. After reading your review cancelled that idea. Thank you for the information. Too many better options out there.

im truly hoping this was a fluke.  our other Haven sails have been wonderful, especially Escape and Gem.

I read your review, BostonGal, and I think I get where you are coming from. It wasn’t about the cheese plate, per se, it was about the service problem in the Haven. I haven’t sailed in a Haven suite, but I have on other lines. For the price you pay, you expect a certain level of service. I think we all feel that way, we want what we paid for, and what we’re promised. It doesn’t matter if someone is in an inside or a suite, either. Otherwise, we wouldn’t read some many complaints on Cruise Critic!

NCL prides itself on its Haven program, so I am surprised they weren’t more proactive. I think ( hope) it was a fluke. I would be interested in any feedback you get from NCL.

Edited by soccermommy

16 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Never cruised with Norwegian but was considering it. Was planning a cabin in The Haven. After reading your review cancelled that idea. Thank you for the information. Too many better options out there.

I highly recommend MSC Yacht Club. We've never had any issues there and generally fares are lower.