Safety and transportation to Love Beach

jp2746

We have a group of six adults and three kids going to Nassau on a cruise in June.   I have done some research and since we are not going anywhere we can snorkel on this trip, we would like to try to snorkel in Nassau.   It seems that without a tour, we would need to go to Love Beach.  (We don't want a tour, they always turn out too hard for the kids and we wind up seeing nothing because we spend all our time trying to help them!)  

What would be the best economical option for transportation for eight?  Will it be safe to go there?  I have read we can take the bus, but we would need to pray we can get a cab ride back in time.  Plus, I don't know what the cost would be to get back.   My cousin was scammed in Nassau on their cab ride and they wiped them out of money.  They wound up in Nassau with no money, two kids and they didn't even have enough money to buy a water.  Nope.  We can get a car to drive us for $60 an hour, but they will be sitting there for three to four hours while we were at the beach and I don't like anything hourly when we are out of the country.  They can take us for a long drive around the island and I would have no clue.  So, flat rate is the best IMO. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  After getting scammed in Jamaica, I am very skeptical.  We have been to many countries and I always do my homework.  We were scammed in Jamaica for the first time in four years of traveling. So, I want to make sure we know what we are doing when we go to Nassau.  

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2020 at 12:30 PM, jp2746 said:

We have a group of six adults and three kids going to Nassau on a cruise in June.   I have done some research and since we are not going anywhere we can snorkel on this trip, we would like to try to snorkel in Nassau.   It seems that without a tour, we would need to go to Love Beach.  (We don't want a tour, they always turn out too hard for the kids and we wind up seeing nothing because we spend all our time trying to help them!)  

What would be the best economical option for transportation for eight?  Will it be safe to go there?  I have read we can take the bus, but we would need to pray we can get a cab ride back in time.  Plus, I don't know what the cost would be to get back.   My cousin was scammed in Nassau on their cab ride and they wiped them out of money.  They wound up in Nassau with no money, two kids and they didn't even have enough money to buy a water.  Nope.  We can get a car to drive us for $60 an hour, but they will be sitting there for three to four hours while we were at the beach and I don't like anything hourly when we are out of the country.  They can take us for a long drive around the island and I would have no clue.  So, flat rate is the best IMO. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  After getting scammed in Jamaica, I am very skeptical.  We have been to many countries and I always do my homework.  We were scammed in Jamaica for the first time in four years of traveling. So, I want to make sure we know what we are doing when we go to Nassau.  

What did you end up doing? I'm going next month but on a Sunday and I'm seeing they don't have busses on Sundays? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 4:19 AM, DevilDogsWifey215 said:

What did you end up doing? I'm going next month but on a Sunday and I'm seeing they don't have busses on Sundays? 

We go in November. Have you already gone? Or are you still waiting to go?