Nassau resort day pass but with local mix?

bushwhack77

Hello. My wife and I will be in Nassau for the day in Feb. We're looking for some safe setting that has at least access to good food/drinks and a good beach. We're certainly fine with paying for a resort day-pass, but, I don't want to spend the whole day in a man-made environment. I at least want access to an actual beach, salt water and maybe local shops. We just don't want to spend all the time inside the walls of a resort's manufactured setting. I understand that Nassau doesn't really have any beach clubs, but are there any resorts with their own pool(s), swim-up bar, etc that are also on one of the good public beaches with easy access back and forth? Or should we just forego the resort day-pass and head to one of the public beaches? If so, suggestions on best ones? ie good beach/swimming/chair rental/drinks-bars/plenty of food options?

Edited by bushwhack77

I think all of the hotels that offer day passes are on an actual beach (except Warwick which  just has a small man-made beach on the harbor).  My suggestion would be RIU.  It has two pools, including an infinity pool with swim up bar overlooking the beach.  It also has a great jerk chicken station by the pool for lunch.  You can take a mile long walk down the beach, if you want.  There isn't a lot of shopping nearby unless you walk over to Marina Village next to Atlantis (a 10 to 15-minute walk).  Most the shopping is in town near the port so you can always hit the shops before getting back on your ship.  RIU is a small hotel with few activities but if you want a nice beach day with a pool and good food and drinks, it's a good option.