First time trip and insurance question!

M3rge

Hi everybody!

Like the topic say, I have an upcoming trip on March aboard the Symphony of the Seas. This would be our first time and we are very excited. One important question I have is in regards the Travel Insurance. I already read the policy and I saw some posts of scenarios were the insurance have to be used.

I booked the trip on the first week of january. I also need to flight to MIA and make a reservation for 1 day so the next day we could sail on. I see RCI have Air2Sea and seem's pretty simple. 

Buying the insurance and booking flight tickets through Air2Sea make the process easier in case of a claim for the flight since was done through RCI? Any advice about the insurance that we should know along with Air2Sea? Any cheap ins, hotels or airbnb very close to the port recommended? 

We have never been in Miami but we are flying from NYC.

Thanks everyone!

13 hours ago, M3rge said:

Buying the insurance and booking flight tickets through Air2Sea make the process easier in case of a claim for the flight since was done through RCI?

In a word? NO

Nothing about making an insurance claim is easy. And just because you bought the cruise, the insurance, and the air travel from Royal does not make the process any easier. Royal may have sold you the product, but they're just the middle man. They MAY assist you in getting in the right direction (then again, they may not), but the insurance is underwritten by another company. That other company is who you have to deal with.

The proper way to cancel a cruise if insurance is involved is:

1. Always have the 24 Hour Emergency Assistance Hotline number with you when you travel

2. Call your broker or the travel insurance company BEFORE you make any final decisions if possible.

3. Keep a good phone log of who you spoke to when at what time by name and with plenty of notes.

4. Keep copies of all paperwork

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1