Across from laundry room

h-sar

As there have been a few queries on this board in the past about the impact of being in a cabin close to the laundry room, I thought I'd mention my experiences on the Sky Princess over two weeks this Christmas. We were in a balcony cabin directly, and I do mean directly, across from the Caribe self serve laundromat. I did have some trepidation when we first booked, but wasn't able to find a similar available cabin in a different location. Glad I wasn't able to make the change as it couldn't have worked out better. Not sure if it's just the Sky's soundproofing, but we heard absolutely no noise or banging doors coming from the laundry room into our cabin. In fact, even standing in the hall, just outside the laundry room, one couldn't hear a sound from within. The laundry on our deck didn't appear to be locked up at night, but again, no issues at all. In fact, it was very convenient having it right across, as I could go drop off a load early in the AM in my pj's and not worry about running into people as I trekked down a long hall. Also, very convenient if I forgot my  token or Tide pod in the cabin, etc. Given the opportunity to have this type of location again, I would totally pick it. I think having an actual cabin right across from us might have resulted in some voices coming through as people came and went from their cabin. However, do have to say that the Sky had some of the best sound proofing I've experienced on board a ship. 

9 minutes ago, h-sar said:

As there have been a few queries on this board in the past about the impact of being in a cabin close to the laundry room, I thought I'd mention my experiences on the Sky Princess over two weeks this Christmas. We were in a balcony cabin directly, and I do mean directly, across from the Caribe self serve laundromat. I did have some trepidation when we first booked, but wasn't able to find a similar available cabin in a different location. Glad I wasn't able to make the change as it couldn't have worked out better. Not sure if it's just the Sky's soundproofing, but we heard absolutely no noise or banging doors coming from the laundry room into our cabin. In fact, even standing in the hall, just outside the laundry room, one couldn't hear a sound from within. The laundry on our deck didn't appear to be locked up at night, but again, no issues at all. In fact, it was very convenient having it right across, as I could go drop off a load early in the AM in my pj's and not worry about running into people as I trekked down a long hall. Also, very convenient if I forgot my  token or Tide pod in the cabin, etc. Given the opportunity to have this type of location again, I would totally pick it. I think having an actual cabin right across from us might have resulted in some voices coming through as people came and went from their cabin. However, do have to say that the Sky had some of the best sound proofing I've experienced on board a ship. 

I find for the most part that Princess cabins are pretty soundproof.

I find door slamming shakes the walls in 3 or 4 cabins on the same side.

Ridiculous.