Copenhagen Card and airport transportation

Looking for transportation options from airport to hotel and found information regarding purchasing the Copenhagen Card for entry to attractions and also for use of transportation around the city and from the airport to hotel.  Has anyone used this card when arriving at airport to get to your hotel?  Would luggage be a problem?

Thanks.

Both the metro and the Øresund train (aka airport train) has low floor access if you have trouble by getting them onto a normal train. 

If your hotel is located closer to a train station you just have to look for a train heading for Helsingør. 

Because the Nivå train and the intercity trains are the IR4/IC3 trains and they don't have the low floor carriage. 

Maybe some Nivå trains has the Øresund train in service but many times I have spotted a IR4 train. 

The trains to Helsingør is always a Øresunds train (called Litra ET by proffesionals) because they cross the Øresund bridge to and from Sweden. 

But if you use the journeyplanner.dk website or app it will tell if the train has a low floor or not.

It allows you to type hotel name if you haven't got the addresse. 

For the airport you just type cph. 

On 1/11/2020 at 11:56 PM, Danish viking said:

Both the metro and the Øresund train (aka airport train) has low floor access if you have trouble by getting them onto a normal train. 

If your hotel is located closer to a train station you just have to look for a train heading for Helsingør. 

Because the Nivå train and the intercity trains are the IR4/IC3 trains and they don't have the low floor carriage. 

Maybe some Nivå trains has the Øresund train in service but many times I have spotted a IR4 train. 

The trains to Helsingør is always a Øresunds train (called Litra ET by proffesionals) because they cross the Øresund bridge to and from Sweden. 

But if you use the journeyplanner.dk website or app it will tell if the train has a low floor or not.

It allows you to type hotel name if you haven't got the addresse. 

For the airport you just type cph. 

We're big public transpo fans but not usually with luggage. But in Copenhagen the station was a short couple of blocks from our airbnb with easy on and off. It was great. I'm pretty universally comfortable with directions from Google Maps. It helps me make an informed decision.  We LOVED Copenhagen!

20 minutes ago, Danish viking said:

It is really simple to use. 

Maybe I overexplained it. 

I think maybe you did 🙂 But as I mentioned our station was really close to our apartment so that was a big deal. But worth anyone looking into.

11 hours ago, Danish viking said:

But I'm a nerdy guy that likes to go into details 🙂

And sometimes when english is not your Mother tongue then something can get lost in translation. 

Note to myself keep it simple 🙂

I was just teasing you 🙂 And I lived in San Francisco for many years and still know a lot about their bus system so tend to do the whole TMI (too much info) thing 🙂

1 hour ago, SuzieQK said:

We are staying at the Absalon Hotel at the end of April. Is it easy enough to take the train from the airport to the Central  Station and walk to the hotel with our luggage?

What I do, as mentioned above, is use Google Maps from the airport to your hotel.

2 hours ago, SuzieQK said:

We are staying at the Absalon Hotel at the end of April. Is it easy enough to take the train from the airport to the Central  Station and walk to the hotel with our luggage?

Yes, Absalon is located 1 or 2 blocks away from the central station. 

Just take any train from track 2 at the airport station (not the metro) and get off at the central station. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We took the train from the airport to Central Station with our Copenhagen Cards.  Our hotel was about 2 blocks away from the station.  Only problem with luggage was getting down the small aisles in the train.  We just stood at the end of the train car as it's a short trip.