Wine Prices

pebbles99

We have got what we think is a current wine list with prices.

Have checked their prices for a bottle of wine with local prices

and  Princess is much higher.

I always thought prices were lower as they were duty free, am I missing something?

Can you help with my confusion?

29 minutes ago, pebbles99 said:

We have got what we think is a current wine list with prices.

Have checked their prices for a bottle of wine with local prices

and  Princess is much higher.

I always thought prices were lower as they were duty free, am I missing something?

Can you help with my confusion?

You are not charged duty on wine purchases but you are charged an 18% gratuity.  However, are you comparing the price for a bottle of wine on Princess with that of a local restaurant or to what you would pay in the grocery store or wine shop?  I think you will find that the prices you pay on Princess are quite comparable to what you would find in a restaurant.  If you choose, you can take your own 750 ml bottles of wine onboard and pay the $15 corkage (on any bottles beyond your two bottle limit) and take them to the dining room.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You are not charged duty on wine purchases but you are charged an 18% gratuity.  However, are you comparing the price for a bottle of wine on Princess with that of a local restaurant or to what you would pay in the grocery store or wine shop?  I think you will find that the prices you pay on Princess are quite comparable to what you would find in a restaurant.  If you choose, you can take your own 750 ml bottles of wine onboard and pay the $15 corkage (on any bottles beyond your two bottle limit) and take them to the dining room.  

As the Packer fan says, not sure what you are comparing. BTW Niners are heading to the Super Bowl in a crushing defeat for the Pack. 

1 minute ago, neverbeenhere said:

As the Packer fan says, not sure what you are comparing. BTW Niners are heading to the Super Bowl in a crushing defeat for the Pack. 

I know we're off topic but 😁 9ers V pack 🏈

Actually the prices are comparable with my favorite land restaurants. Way below BevMo so I'm bring a few onboard in SF and just paying $15 corkage 

7 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

I certainly hope not but, will be happy for the fans of any team ... even if they oppose my favorite team.  The Packers sure do have their work cut out for them ... all I can do is keep my fingers crossed.