2021 cruise- no Dubai/India?

dg33

5 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We did a great cruise in March/April of 2015 on Century from Singapore to Dubai that had four ports in SW India.  Also, port in Muscat, Oman.  We enjoyed the cruise and visiting India was good.  We have considered going back to India, visiting Dehli and the Taj, but frankly, I think we had enough of India.   The people were nice and we love Indian food, but the few times we were on tours where we had to travel on the highways, we found the trips to be near collisions every 15 seconds.  Still, I am glad we did the cruise.

Here is my review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

Thanks...so happy that you enjoyed.

We have previously cruised from Singapore (which we loved) on Star Cruises (a different but happy experience) and visited and cruised from the Emirates including Muscat on RC...I guess that is what , added to our concerns about India (food, travel) that made us back track....Planning vacations is almost like getting stars aligned...New adventures, ease of travel, ease of sight access, price....

Edited by chemmo

50 minutes ago, downsmead said:

We did this cruise a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We flew out and had 4 nights in Singapore and loved the city and are waiting to go back. We had arranged to be part of various private tours at the Indian ports; Kerala cruising along the waterways was fabulous, Mumbai was fascinating to see, Phuket - we went out to Pipi (spelt wrong I know) island and again had a great day out. Goa we had already visited (attended a friends wedding there!). The UAE states were also great and included a sand dune safari. Since at that time, you had to apply for the 6 month visa, we ‘promised’ ourselves we would fit in a a Golden Triangle plus Tigers trip before the visa expired, but of course never did. However with the increase in prices from X and frankly, very few cruises we are interested in now, today I booked a land tour in India for the Golden Triangle, Tigers and hopefully an extension to Katmandu!! I still have a ‘placeholder’ Caribbean cruise booked for April 2021, the price of which is far cheaper than that now, so may very well actually sail on that cruise 👍.

Best wishes for your land tour...Sounds fantastic, make the most of it!

Perhaps what took the edge off the itinerary for us was we had visited some of the non Indian ports before. We visited Phi-Phi Island (as part of a Phuket stay) before the awful events of 2004 at which time it was truly an unspoilt spot and had previously visited Singapore and the UAE states...I guess like all itineraries it is balancing the ‘new’ with the ‘must see’, ‘the bucket list’ and the ‘must return to’....

17 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Best wishes for your land tour...Sounds fantastic, make the most of it!

Perhaps what took the edge off the itinerary for us was we had visited some of the non Indian ports before. We visited Phi-Phi Island (as part of a Phuket stay) before the awful events of 2004 at which time it was truly an unspoilt spot and had previously visited Singapore and the UAE states...I guess like all itineraries it is balancing the ‘new’ with the ‘must see’, ‘the bucket list’ and the ‘must return to’....

That is what piqued our interest in the Golden Triangle again - saw a Princess cruise plus the trip, there is also a Constellation one too. We had been to most of the ports (apart from the two in a Malaysia) so  decided to do a land trip instead. We have a couple of land tours booked now,  we still have some cruises in the pipeline though! Sailing on Apex in April, looking forward to seeing the new E class.

Edited by downsmead