Costa Maya Maya Chan

roger001

6 minutes ago, roger001 said:

That is the case all along that coast of the area.  It has very heavy seagrass.  If you're looking for open beach and clear waters, not for you.   It's mostly about the little resort, service, relaxiatin, and the lunch.  Very rustic.  As you head down the dirt road for miles you will wonder what is going on.   But, the little beach is constantly raked for the seagrass and there is a small roped area with water toys to play with.  Think totally relaxing, not grand.  And the nicest staff you'll ever meet.  

Roger - thanks so much. This helps me with planning. Looking for another beach. 

Yes, the water is murky and the road to get there is a little scary. I had read all the reviews on CC and TA, and so I knew what to expect. My two teen daughters and my MIL did not and grew increasingly worried as the taxi kept driving down the extremely potholed road for what seemed forever. But we emerged at a garden like setting, were greeted by the owner and shown around the place. Our reserved area was waiting and we got chips, salsa and mai tai's for the adults. The girls loved the massages and having wifi. They said it was the best excursion.

5 minutes ago, Steve007NY said:

How much is the day pass per adult?

if it was on their website, I missed it.

Thanks

Never mind, just found it. Had to go to the “make reservation” page. $59pp

And that includes the taxi ride both directions.....although I give the drivers a small tip.....if you wish to tip the staff, there will be a box near the exit you can place a tip in as you leave.  Don't tip individually.  They all share.  

I was there on Christmas Eve. There was no sea grass in the area.

I had the Massage. It was so good, I skipped the one on the ship, which would have cost me triple what I paid with the tip.

Be forewarned, it is open on the Front and there will be other guests on either side of you. There are dividers but they will ask you to remove your swim suit top. When you need to turn over, they stand in front of you to block the view while you get it back on.

Also watch out for the tortilla chip thieves. While I was admiring the water, 2 birds came up and grabbed chips and flew off.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

Edited by happygolucky62
left out something