Couple Of Questions

KennyFla

1) Can you make reservations for the shows on the app ahead of time, or is that available once you get on the ship?

2) Is there a way to communicate on the ship between 2 people using the app, or do you need to get the wifi package?

Thanks for the help

54 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

1) Can you make reservations for the shows on the app ahead of time, or is that available once you get on the ship?

2) Is there a way to communicate on the ship between 2 people using the app, or do you need to get the wifi package?

Thanks for the help

1) reservations can only be made once you can access ship's intranet, whether via app, screens around the ship, etc. 

2) yes, the app has a chat feature, at least aboard Seaside, Mera, Belissima, Grandiosa.  Not sure about older ships.  

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

1) reservations can only be made once you can access ship's intranet, whether via app, screens around the ship, etc. 

2) yes, the app has a chat feature, at least aboard Seaside, Mera, Belissima, Grandiosa.  Not sure about older ships.  

Thanks for the info

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

You cannot get the app with the older ships and there is no free iMessage on the older ships either.

OP doesnt state which ship but reservations were not needed on my Armonia sailing.

51 minutes ago, KennyFla said:

I am a little confused.  How do you do imessage without a wifi package?

You connect to ship wifi and it just works.  That's how it worked for me on DCL and people are reporting it works the same way on some MSC ships.  I dont have a complete list of the ships it works on but Im working off the assumption that any ship that has the MSC for Me app (which also runs off the ships wifi without an internet package) will have free iMessage.  Text only, no pictures/ gifs/ videos.  And no non-iMessage texting.

21 hours ago, KennyFla said:

Thanks for the help

Based on our experience on multiple ships:

1.  App only works with the ship's wifi.

2.  You have to have the wifi package to communicate with others using the app.  Couple of things:

• You will to add the person to your "friends" list in order to chat/message.
  • If your wifi times out, then you will not get the messages.  There were many times on our last cruise where I sent my DH messages but he did not get them because his internet timed out.

You do not need the wifi package in order to communicate via text via the app.

We did not purchase any wifi package and were able to text with our friends on the Seaside in October as well as the Meraviglia in December. It worked much better on the Seaside.