Haven’t received “bid for upgrade email”

pugsammy

58 minutes ago, julig22 said:

No reason you wouldn't since Sailaway cabins are no different than any other cabin, once assigned.  Nearly any cabin can be offered an upgrade.  It just depends on inventory.  If they have a lot of unsold balconies they might offer cheap bids to inside or ov.  Once you are onboard it doesn't cost them anymore to have you in a balcony, so if they can get more money out of you by putting you in an unsold cabin, they come out ahead.  Plus they can then sell remaining inside and ov at last minute bargain rates.

Agreed.  But you had said "You are more likely to get an offer if you have a cabin that they think they can resell for that cruise - and undersold inventory for a category upgrade."  I was pointing out that that is not necessarily accurate.

13 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

Agreed.  But you had said "You are more likely to get an offer if you have a cabin that they think they can resell for that cruise - and undersold inventory for a category upgrade."  I was pointing out that that is not necessarily accurate.

Umm - more likely doesn't imply at all that other options may or may not happen.  My comments are based on my personal experience plus reading comments of others about the bidding process, based on the timing of the offers, the status of the cruise, and the success on getting those bids accepted.

A sailaway or gty cabin can be the worst cabin or the best - it is the luck of the draw at the time you make your reservation and they assign cabins. 

8 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Umm - more likely doesn't imply at all that other options may or may not happen.  My comments are based on my personal experience plus reading comments of others about the bidding process, based on the timing of the offers, the status of the cruise, and the success on getting those bids accepted.

A sailaway or gty cabin can be the worst cabin or the best - it is the luck of the draw at the time you make your reservation and they assign cabins. 

You're contradicting yourself now.  You said it's more likely, then you say it doesn't imply that at all.   Can't be both.  But I'm done with this subject.

4 minutes ago, Mike_DeA said:

You're contradicting yourself now.  You said it's more likely, then you say it doesn't imply that at all.   Can't be both.  But I'm done with this subject.

More, not most. Not contradictory at all.  If 5 out of 10 times they offer a bid, that is MORE than if they only offer a bid 4 out of 10 times. Have a good day.

Just an FYI and I'm not sure this is protocol but I was tracking the upgrades that people were posting on the FB cruise page for my cruise and this is what I noticed:

1. The upgrades from Interior to Oceanview and Balconies were approved first about 1 month out.

2. The next group to be approved were the spa rooms. 10 days out

3. Anyone who had a bid approved had their lowest class bid approved if they bid on more than one class.

• Like 1