Wifi Calling on Princess cruise?

bigdaddy930

14 minutes ago, oatbagg1 said:

i got charged $149 roaming data with AT&T.  I thought its Medallion you would be ok, when I talked to AT&T they said the roaming charges started on Jan 11th while we were in Ft Lauderdale. Said they'd take it off, but haven't. So be warned. Always keep in Airplane mode.

MedallionNet should work with WiFi calling but you MUST disable mobile data or you will end up being charged. The easiest way is to go into Airplane Mode and then turn WiFi back on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cr83687 said:

So you don't have to get ATT's international calling package to make phone calls? Just a wifi connection.

That is correct. I use Wife to call from hotels from anywhere without paying anything for my calls. Also from ships with free Wifi (Platinum).

2 hours ago, cr83687 said:

Did you purchase AT&T's cruise package or just the wifi calling through Princess internet?

Wifi calling through Princess internet. Only logged on when I wanted to make a call. No charge, since I was using free Platinum minutes.

23 hours ago, cr83687 said:

Great thanks. I'm also Platinum so let's see if I have this right...phone on airport mode turn off cell data get on ships wifi.

After entering Airplane Mode you have to turn WiFi back on.

On 1/20/2020 at 5:04 PM, NavyVeteran said:

That is correct. I use Wife to call from hotels from anywhere without paying anything for my calls. Also from ships with free Wifi (Platinum).

Wifi calling through Princess internet. Only logged on when I wanted to make a call. No charge, since I was using free Platinum minutes.

My wife will call from anywhere without paying for it, I get the bills - LOL 🙂 (Sorry, couldn't resist the typo?)