June sailing on solstice, which side and cabin?

boontj2003

If you can get two sunset verandas, that would be ideal. If not, it doesn’t really matter which side of the ship you are on. Sailing north you will have the view of Vancouver Island on starboard (the sea on port) and sailing south you will have the view of Vancouver Island on Port and the sea on starboard.

Personally I prefer sailing on the Eclipse out of Vancouver as you have views on both sides for pretty much the entire trip as you sail between Vancouver Island and the mainland.

As for which deck? Personally I think 8 is best.

Edited by CruiserMickey

7 hours ago, boontj2003 said:

We are sailing June 2021, my SIL and husband. My first time in Alaska. We will be in a balcony, should we pick port or starboard and what floor do you recommend? We have 2 cabins. Any suggestions?

I had similar concerns.  The side did not matter. Went with a veranda.   We went up to the Sky Lounge for viewing.  As for floor, just don't get an obstructed view or one with window washing equipment in front of you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, boontj2003 said:

We are sailing June 2021, my SIL and husband. My first time in Alaska. We will be in a balcony, should we pick port or starboard and what floor do you recommend? We have 2 cabins. Any suggestions?

The starboard side was always facing the pier/dock/mainland  in Alaska if that makes a difference for you..  

• Like 1

I think smoking is allowed in the common, open  areas on Deck 5 port side of both the Solstice and Millennium class ships. I've stayed in veranda cabins on decks 6-8. Deck doesn't matter as much to me, but I prefer not to be over the smoking areas.