Urgent Help/Advice Needed!!

Poppyprincess

2 hours ago, Poppyprincess said:

Thanks Toseaornottosea, we do have travel insurance but BA have told them the same story .... Seabourn did not do what they were meant to do. Will definitely book my own flights in future. It is horrible being in the hands of others and all of this anxiety is having an effect on my mother. She has started having difficulty in breathing again, we think due to stress but the insurance company wants her checked by the doc again and it is a bank holiday today in Barbados so everything is closed! 

My heartfelt empathy for you in these trying times.  I hope that everything will work itself out for the best. This reinforces my feelings that SB will not go the extra mile for their passengers once they have your cruise money. Again, best of luck in these unfortunate  circumstances.

Sounds a very difficult situation.

Hopefully your mother will be cleared to fly home soon.

It maybe the best option to buy new tickets home and sort out the mess once safely home.

Were the tickets non refundable?

Once home in familiar surroundings, it maybe easier to get appropriate help to sought out this mess.   

Given the potential financial losses legal advice maybe wise/necesary to resolve?

Media exposure to your plight may also assist you and alert others to such difficulties.

Agree your travel agent has a role in assisting too? No doubt their commission would have been worthwhile.

Did the travel agent also book your parents sectors?

Good luck with it all.

This situation is very disturbing and sad for everyone concerned,

I foolishly thought that  First class flight tickets (which is what you told us you had)  entitled you to a First class service.   Neither Seabourn nor BA are offering you this service.  I cannot offer you any advice, only sympathy.   I do hope this can be resolved satisfactorily.

You could consider contacting Gill Charlton in the Saturday Telegraph Travel pages, but of course this cannot be done until after the event and you are home.   J 

• Like 1

P.s., does your travel insurance have a cover for cancellation or curtailment in case of death (sorry) or accidents of close relatives?

That may not cover the entire amount and very unlikely FIRST CLASS  flights,  but should help at least a bit.