Issues with Early Saver Price Guarantee

M2LR

I always book the Early Saver rate because I when I book I know I am not going to be changing dates or passengers. In the past I didn't have any issues with the price guarantee form, it was quick and early. This time though I cannot get them to accept the new rate. I've double and triple checked it is the same dates, same category, comparing both rates before port taxes and fees, etc. I submitted it again in case it was a mistake but still denied. I called and talked to someone yesterday and they said they saw that rate and would adjust it but its been 24 hrs and my account still shows the old rate. Has it gotten harder to get these adjustments since my last cruise? This experience is making me want to never book with early saver again, am I a fluke? Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Edited by M2LR

33 minutes ago, M2LR said:

I always book the Early Saver rate because I when I book I know I am not going to be changing dates or passengers. In the past I didn't have any issues with the price guarantee form, it was quick and early. This time though I cannot get them to accept the new rate. I've double and triple checked it is the same dates, same category, comparing both rates before port taxes and fees, etc. I submitted it again in case it was a mistake but still denied. I called and talked to someone yesterday and they said they saw that rate and would adjust it but its been 24 hrs and my account still shows the old rate. Has it gotten harder to get these adjustments since my last cruise? This experience is making me want to never book with early saver again, am I a fluke? Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Call again and ask why they are not honoring the price drop.  Do you have a PVP who can help or do you book on your own?

I think I do have a PVP now, that is a good idea. I normally booked on my own but I had to call this time since I was having trouble tracking down my other family members VIFP accounts so I think she became my PVP.

45 minutes ago, Shirleybird said:

Interesting. I have never filled out the form. I have always just called and the adjustment was reflected on my account right away. I'm guessing that you should call back. Let us know what going on please.

Good to know. I thought the form was the only way to do it but it seems like calling is the best route when they just want to quickly send off rejection emails. I called back and talked to someone else who adjusted my rate no problems. This time I asked them to email me the confirmation so I'd have it in writing. I didn't end up needing that because I checked my account and it is now updated. They never explained why I didn't get the match but the rep was friendly so I didn't want to sound annoyed. I probably will switch to calling in the future. I like my price drops since I consider them extra "fun money" for onboard the ship.

I have to call, as I use a TA. A little annoying, as the TA then has to call Carnival, and I have to wait on hold while they call Carnival.  But, the TA is always pleasant.  The TA will confirm the new price on their end before calling.  The good thing is that sometimes the carnival representative doesn't see the new price for some reason, but the TA is able to walk them through it to get the price drop.

I then refresh my online booking page at the TA's website, and I see the price adjust there before I hang up.  They also send me a new confirmation email, but that sometimes takes a few minutes to arrive.

2 hours ago, M2LR said:

Good to know. I thought the form was the only way to do it but it seems like calling is the best route when they just want to quickly send off rejection emails. I called back and talked to someone else who adjusted my rate no problems. This time I asked them to email me the confirmation so I'd have it in writing. I didn't end up needing that because I checked my account and it is now updated. They never explained why I didn't get the match but the rep was friendly so I didn't want to sound annoyed. I probably will switch to calling in the future. I like my price drops since I consider them extra "fun money" for onboard the ship.

Fabulous!!!  So glad it worked out for ya. 

Rookie Carnival question: If you book Early Saver (or any other fare category with a price guarantee) does the new rate have to be the same type of fare? Early Saver to Early Saver? 

I'm not incredibly familiar yet with the different fare rates Carnival offers...but made sure on my upcoming sailing to ask my TA for one with refundable deposit, ability to move to different date/sailing, and ability to reprice should the fare go down. 

23 minutes ago, FlyingAnchor said:

Rookie Carnival question: If you book Early Saver (or any other fare category with a price guarantee) does the new rate have to be the same type of fare? Early Saver to Early Saver? 

I'm not incredibly familiar yet with the different fare rates Carnival offers...but made sure on my upcoming sailing to ask my TA for one with refundable deposit, ability to move to different date/sailing, and ability to reprice should the fare go down. 

It doesn't say you have to match Early Saver but most of the time the lowest rate is Early Saver anyways (they exclude super saver and anything that won't let you pick your cabin with the exception of pack and go) but that being said it really is a moot point for you since Early Saver fares always have a non-refundable deposit so there is no way that is what type of fare you have if you TA followed your instructions. If you cancel an Early Saver you can use your deposit towards future cruise within two years minus a $50 fee but I wouldn't consider that refundable.

Edited by M2LR

5 minutes ago, M2LR said:

that being said it really is a moot point for you since Early Saver fares always have a non-refundable deposit so there is no way that is what type of fare you have if you TA followed your instructions.

Thank you. I do not have an Early Saver booked for my next Carnival sailing as it is in 2022 - but am not opposed to switching closer to sailing or booking one for a different sailing if I already know I'll have that time off, etc.