Ensenada excursion advice

atobols

We are a family of four.  We will be in Ensenda for 12 hours.  We've been there briefly on another cruise, so we've already walked around the town, shopped, and eaten.  I want to do something different this time.  I'm torn between the Canopy tour at Las Canadas Park and the kayak excursion to Bufadora.  We're in our early 40s and our boys are 11 and 13.  Has anybody done either of these excursions?  What did you think of it?  Would you recommend either of them to a family?

Edited by atobols

Following... is there snorkeling in this port?  Easy to take a taxi or Uber (??) to rent the kayaks you mentioned? We’ll be in port for a one day stop via Disney Cruise in April. Most excursions are sold out already from the ship. Trying to figure out what to do. Kids are teen and pre-teen.

There is snorkeling at the port, but I'm not sure how fun it would be.  The water is pretty cold.  We'll be scuba diving the previous day and we were told to plan for 7mm wet suits, hoods, and to bring gloves if we want them. 

Our ship has lots of excursions available, but they're all alcohol related.  I'm trying to find something my kids will enjoy in Ensenada.  I have no idea about getting taxis and doing Ensenada on your own.  The last time we were there, it was early evening, pouring rain, and cold.  Nobody was out trying to sell anything to people getting off our ship.

Haven’t tried it but doesn’t seem like Endanada would be good for scuba/snorkeling. I would recommend the canopy tour, it was pretty fun. Your boys sound like the right age. Haven’t done kayak by La Bufadora, but that could be very fun!

Another vote for Las Canadas.   They have any number of activities- ATV rental, horseback ride, ...  - at the park in addition to the zip line that sound great for your kids.

La Bufadora is about my least favorite local attraction in the area.  Also, the water is always cold so you need to consider that as well for kyaking.  You didn't say when you are visiting, but the coastal clouds in May and June can be quite thick along the coast and make things even colder.