We missed you, Regent!

briar14

Just returned from Silversea expedition cruise to South Georgia Island and Antarctica. All expedition activities were excellent. In our personal opinion, Silversea did not rate an excellent in several areas that can be directly compared to Regent. Service was about equal. Food was not—missed the variety and flexibility of the Compass Rose menu. A fee was charged for the Cloud’s specialty restaurant, which we ate in once. Quality of food and service in La Dame was not as good as most of our experiences in Regent’s specialty restaurants. By far the worst area was the roundtrip coach transfer process from Santiago to Ushuaia and back to Santiago. New knee replacement; assigned seats in last row, window & middle; assured by Silversea, in writing, seats would be changed for return due to knee issue; did not happen. Result is a very swollen knee and 2 people who will not use Silversea again even for the expedition experience. So looking forward to our next Regent cruise this summer!

Edited by briar14
Clarification

2 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

A bus transfer ??   that is 39 hours and sounds frightful.  Or do you mean economy class seats on a flight?  Would certainly be faster but also uncomfortable.

Sorry, should have been clearer. It was a 3 1/2 hour charter flight.

38 minutes ago, briar14 said:

I was not expecting a First Class seat; simply an aisle seat in any row so I could stretch my leg.

Sorry...I wasn't criticizing you. I was just clarifying for the other poster.

I've been on that flight recently myself and it is a crappy experience for any passenger let alone someone who is 6'5'.

• Like 1

Sounds awful.   To me, "coach transfer" means by bus.  Now I understand what you are saying.   With a bad knee being squashed into an economy seat is not something I would want.  And Silversea is supposed to be a really good cruise line?  Maybe now they are owned by RCI things have changed.

• Like 1