Butler- Packing and Unpacking

leisuretraveler223

I've used this service every time I've cruised. I've found it to be extremely efficient, with the butlers never batting an eyelash at doing it. They're sensible about what should be hung up in the closet versus folded in drawers, quick and do a great job at fitting things back into luggage when it's time to go home. I wouldn't begin to consider not taking advantage of it, though I've traveled with others who prefer not to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The issue with having The Butler unpack and pack ones' luggage, is that most Americans do not have this service at home and as such it will appear to be odd and an invasion of privacy to a great degree, to have it done while on vacation or otherwise.

Not me though, I rather enjoy being spoiled at every chance I can get... LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

While we appreciate the fact that this is an offered service but it is something we will never use.  We, especially my wife, have a routine to follow on every cruise.  It’s pretty simple and mainly consist of my wife using Lysol wet wipes to wipe down every surface in the room, especially the drawers and shelves where we will be storing our items, clothes or otherwise. 

When the bags come, I help here with hanging items in the closet and then get out of her way, normally sitting on the couch with a glass of wine or an adult beverage from the closest bar, while she puts everything else away the way she wants it.  

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

We have never used that service but have had butlers offer several times in a PH on various Celebrity ships. But on our last cruise in a PH on Equinox last November the butler asked several times and almost seemed disappointed when we refused his help.