First Nite Dining-casual Or Dress?

lilmsonry

I have to say that I've never seen someone in shorts in the dining room. My memory is that shorts and bathing suits are actually listed as excluded from the dining room but, I don't actually keep cruise compasses from our sailings to verify that fact.

RCI does not seem to be consitant about anything they do so I would not be surprised if shorts wear allowed on one sailing while denied on another. Jeans I've seen on every sailing, shorts I haven't seen on any sailing (yet).

Oh, yes, the Cruise Compass states "no shorts in the dining room at dinner" but I STILL saw lots of shorts there then.

apparently this person is either blind or has never actually sailed on RCI. I've seen blue jeans on EVERY royal caribbean sailing we've been on and my wife wears capri pants into the dining room on a regular basis. My wife has NEVER been asked to change, leave or not been allowed in the dining room. In fact, no one has ever so much as said one word to her about her capri pants.

I really have a distaste for people who blatently lie about things, just so that the world will turn the direction they want it to turn. Jeans are allowed in the dining room, capri pants are allowed in the dining room and you don't have to be wearing formal wear on formal nights to dine in the dining room.

I was really referring to capri JEANS, not nice floral or cotton capris. and hey, maybe I'm wrong, but I never saw anyone in the dining room on RCCL, Disney or Celebrity at the late seating wearing shorts or jeans. If you can get away with it and feel comfortable wearing something no one else is wearing, then go for it. I just feel the "rules" say otherwise. I certainly didn't mean to start an argument!

Archived