Need Recommendation for a ship....

9 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

and the outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer, which is only on this class. 

I'm just being picky and for those newbies like the OP who may not know RCI ships....

Quantum Class (Quantum, Anthem and Ovation of the Seas) also has outdoor seating at the rear of the Windjammer.

To the OP... I agree with everyone above regarding Radiance Class for you, my thoughts in red below.... a few fellow CC'ers above have also mentioned Vision Class or Empress, however I will explain why I think those would be poor choices for you considering you detailed things that are important to you... 

On 1/25/2020 at 7:35 AM, cruiser61262 said:

We usually book a veranda room and enjoy the private outdoor space

Very few balcony cabins on Vision Class, and even less on Empress... they are usually very high priced because there are so few. Plenty of choices on Radiance Class ships. Careful.... a majority of deck 7 cabins are directly over a large white extended canopy which cover the lifeboats, so you cannot look directly down to the ocean. Be sure to check deck plans and various categories before you book.... come back here to this forum with your options and everyone can help you.

We don't mind older ships because we like their character even if others consider them "tired".

Radiance Class is simply gorgeous inside and out... classic ship, wonderful layout, and not at all tired inside

Are there any "adult only spaces" on cruises with many children (I know that sounds awful)?

The Solarium Pool and Bar... you can google many photos and descriptions on line.

Vision Class has an adult Solarium as well, however the Radiance Class Solarium is beautiful

We did enjoy .... the fitness program as compared to Celebrity.

The gym on Radiance Class (and the view!) is far superior to that of Vision Class.... bigger, nicer, more equipment, floor to ceiling glass with 180 degree views forward, etc.... great gym.

50 minutes ago, emory2001 said:

Radiance class for these ^ reasons, and the outdoor seating at the back of the Windjammer, which is only on this class.  I like the decor and feel of Jewel and Radiance better than Brilliance, but they're all great.

There will be lots of kids regardless, but perhaps less of them on a longer cruise during the school year.

I can't believe I left off this feature! I love sitting outside off the Windjammer as we sail away!