Eating a 1500 calorie tv dinner everyday for a week before the cruise

fstuff1

I suck at counting calories.

Tv dinners have the calorie count on the box.

'family size' lanzana (sp?) Has like 1500 calories.

So I just eat  1 for dinner. (I never eat breakfast, and I deal with hungry pains when skipping lunch by eating fruit.)

There are 3  varieties (regular, Italian, meat lover's) so I won't get bored.

I don't weigh myself but I look skinnier in the mirror

Edited by fstuff1

I think it’s worth it to learn to count calories. My fitness pal is a great app and if you scan the barcode of your food or just look it up, it counts calories for you. It seems like you’re filling up on almost all carbs with no protein. Not a good idea. If you’re doing one meal a day/ intermittent fasting that’s a good idea but you need to research and treat yourself right. 

fruit has no protein. It’s just carbs. Lasagna is full of carbs. Highly recommend you read “the obesity code” by dr fung. 

Maybe try some bone broth with veggies and tofu for lunch and a nice chicken/fish with lots of veggies instead. You’ll feel so much better. 

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 7:27 PM, fstuff1 said:

I suck at counting calories.

I agree with what Natashac85 says.  It's worth it to learn how to count calories but just as important as that is actually measuring out the proper serving size as recommended on the package.  Sometimes it's pretty devastating to find out just how small a serving size is but it makes a difference. 

I used myfitnesspal.com to lose weight.  I confess that it's a bit laborious at first as you have to look up and enter absolutely everything you eat (sometimes you can just read the products barcode with your phone) and you can create and save "meals" if you frequently eat the same combination of food but it teaches you a lot about how much food you should eat and how to get more bang for your buck... meaning which foods will make you full without blowing past your actual calorie requirement for the day.  Plus the app tracks your physical activity so the more you do, the more calories you burn and the more you can eat.  You really don't have to diet as long as you eat sensibly.. good food in proper serving sizes..  and do a little more.  The myfitnesspal app teaches you how. 

Also, once you're onboard, try to stick as close as possible to your 'at home' routine as possible.  For us, breakfast is a biggie!  We prefer to order breakfast in our room to avoid the temptations of that plate of pastries they wave under your nose, or the bacon and hash browns.  At home I eat 1 piece of peanut butter toast and a cup of tea and my husband had cereal or oatmeal for breakfast.  If we order that in the dining room they almost get offended so we order two bowls of oatmeal (toast will arrive cold) in our room and a plate of fresh fruit.  At lunch we try to stick to salads and fresh uncooked vegetables because we find the dinners just don't seem to have enough vegetables with them.  And we don't buy any kind of drink package.  I know most people seem to but one  average alcoholic drink will immediately add between 100-200 calories.  To burn off the calories of just one beer,  martini/cocktail or large glass of wine, you'd have to walk at a brisk pace for about an hour.  In our books, it's easier and less expensive not to drink. 

• Like 3

For overall weight loss it's simple CICO (calories in v. calories out) equation. Therefore, if you're burning 2000 calories a day via BMR and exercise then you are at a deficit of 500 calories per day and should lose 1-2 lbs per week.

However, for overall health one should pay attention to macro nutrients (protein, carbs and fat) as well as micro nutrients (vitamins and minerals). That is a bit more complicated, takes some trial and error and varies widely person to person.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

For overall weight loss it's simple CICO (calories in v. calories out) equation. Therefore, if you're burning 2000 calories a day via BMR and exercise then you are at a deficit of 500 calories per day and should lose 1-2 lbs per week.

However, for overall health one should pay attention to macro nutrients (protein, carbs and fat) as well as micro nutrients (vitamins and minerals). That is a bit more complicated, takes some trial and error and varies widely person to person.

well, calorie deficit was what i was going for in just eating only 1500 calories (tv dinner) per day. ie: a quick weight loss.

since its just for a week then i cruise (and overeat), do i really care about macros during that week? (the lazanga supposedly has 23+ grams protein.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I suck at counting calories and tracking. But need to do better. Here's my plan:

Breakfast: bar (160c) + 2 cups coffee with 1/4c cream

Lunch: fruit, raw veggies, french bread pb&j or single packet instant oatmeal 

Dinner: make my own lean cuisine meal packs using 3 different recipes (600c per recipe) + dessert (oops a lot)