Infinity Select Dining on 2 Nighter

Teacherloves2Cruise

Hi everyone,

We board Infinity for a quick taste next weekend for 2 nights. We have Select dining. I was originally thinking it would be a good choice to go with that and not make reservations because we are going to want to be flexible depending on the activities and shows and push the envelope in terms of activities due to only being 2 nights. Now, I am second guessing myself. How does select work- should I have made reservations? Do they have monitors like other lines showing the wait at various venues? Beepers if there is a wait? If anyone could share some insight I would appreciate it. If you think we should make reservations, what are good times to not miss stuff? Thanks for being patient with me. It’s been awhile since I have sailed X. 

Edited by Teacherloves2Cruise

In our experience with Select dining you show up when you want and get seated pretty quickly.  There is a separate area of the MDR for Select so there isn't usually a bottle neck with those with fixed dining.  We haven't ever really had to wait so perhaps we have just been lucky.  I can't remember if they give a pager in the event of a wait or not.  I think you will be fine with select dining.

• Thanks 1

We never make reservations for select dining; we just show up.  Now, we tend to eat later, but we feel it defeats the purpose of anytime dining to make reservations, and we have never had a wait of more than a few minutes.

Stop back on the roll call to catch up.  We can't wait wait!

Ken

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Teacherloves2Cruise said:

Infusion bar? I am not familiar with that one. Do they have it on Infinity?

It is the M class version of world class bar. It’s opposite from café al baccio and has craft cocktails only, and in my experience the best and most fun bartenders.